DoctaQ's 20 long petrified wood forest

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DoctaQ

all your wheel are belong to us
Dec 12, 2008
Boston
lol,i said long, then i said wood

let me know what you think!

this is my biggest tank, i run it open top with some floating plants, which are kinda nasty, thinking about switching them out if i see some cool ones , right now they are savinia minima or something.

equipment
i run a stealth jillion watt heater and an AC 50 on the side, not the back. its not really planted but i run 28w of t5 NO, yes, it only lights up part of the tank, i can live with that.

livestock
ok, before you flame, dont
this tank is packed but, between the floating plants and weekly water changes nitrates never rise above 20

29 dwarf cories, about 14 pygmaeus 5 habrosus and 10 hastus
3 panda tetras
4 kuhli loaches
1 pair scarlet badis
1 albino cory
1 nosy purple brig
few dwarf crays
few amano shrimp

i think thats it, whew
cories love to be with each other, that is why i have so many.
i like the way this tank is now, i could lie and say that i have a bigger tank that they are going in, but nope, when i have enough money and space, i will buy a million more to live in a bigger tank.
the hastus living with the panda tetra is an interesting concept, they have similar markings and the cories will follow them around, i beleive that in the wild these two fish lived together and formed a bigger school than either one of them could alone. i could have completely made this up :bs:
the crays mostly keep to themselves although when they happen to be on the sandbed they run around waving thier claws at my cories who are not scared of them but still know not to let them pinch them.
old shot, the platform on the left was kinda cool but corny, took away from the tank
DSC02021.JPG

couple fts
DSC02401.JPG

DSC02402.JPG

how many cories can you fit on a rock?
DSC02380.JPG

awesome little cray, C. shufeldi or whatever, he took on a darker color in the black sand
DSC02362.JPG

DSC02225.JPG
khulis, impossible to get a picture of
DSC02200.JPG
my pair of scarlet badis
DSC02279.JPG

DSC02401.JPG DSC02402.JPG DSC02380.JPG DSC02362.JPG DSC02225.JPG DSC02021.JPG DSC02200.JPG DSC02279.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store