3 Gallon Dorm Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
Hey all. As some of you may know I was very interested in finding out what was better...a JBJ Pico or Toms Deco Kit. I went with the Pico because of the glass and couldn't be happier. This is the initial stage. The gravel is on the way as well as numerous plants. I got a small snail from meijer the other day because I wanted to see if the betta would eat it. In he betta cup it survived and it would of been so easy for him to eat. He got bit twice but is perfectly unharmed.

So far:

1 Betta
1 No Name Baby Snail.

Plants:

2 Sagitaria
1 Ruby Red Melon

Future stock:
1 Betta
3 Amanos
10 Cherry Shrimp
1 Yellow Antennae Tylo snail

Future Plants:

2 Sagitaria
1 Ruby Red Melon
3 Anubias
Star Moss
Christmans Moss (Floor)
And a few others.

Heres what we got so far:

Next to my laptop:
1014091851b.jpg

Pic of the Tank
1014091851a.jpg

And my betta :)
1014091851.jpg

Wow those turned out surprisingly well for a camera phone.

And I know theres no gravel.

Its on the way along with some driftwood and I'm grabbing some slate or rocks this weekend.

And comments are welcome

1014091851b.jpg 1014091851a.jpg 1014091851.jpg

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Cool looking tank !!!!!!

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
I wanna get one of those for my desk!
It really is pretty awesome. The light is very sturdy and movable. The filter is perfectly quite and you can decide how fast or slow you want it to be which is cool/perfect for bettas

I'd recommend it to anyone as an awesome desk tank

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Nice desktop tank. It should look great when complete.

brittanyd0203

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Vienna, WV
Nice looking tank! I'd love to have one on the desk in my dorm room but I'm already over the permitted limit by 5 gallons. I've got a 10g and a 5g in my dorm room but I wish I could have more. I guess I could always move my 5g puffer tank to my desk, but then I'd be so distracted that I'd never get any work done. I can't wait to see pics of yours when it's finished! Just curious though, that is the limit in your dorms?

hirschy75

AC Members
Nov 14, 2006
Nice looking tank! I'd love to have one on the desk in my dorm room but I'm already over the permitted limit by 5 gallons. I've got a 10g and a 5g in my dorm room but I wish I could have more. I guess I could always move my 5g puffer tank to my desk, but then I'd be so distracted that I'd never get any work done. I can't wait to see pics of yours when it's finished! Just curious though, that is the limit in your dorms?
We have no limits. As long as they are not predatory we can have whatever we want :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store