bettas and dwarf gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

d1anonly22

AC Members
May 19, 2009
visalia california
chasing is all that happens, the gourami are fine. and i do have a bunch of decour. the fiddler crab is fine also. and the reason the water is half full is so the gourami will mate. i know its the same as a 25 gallon. its common sense. hhmmm whats a 50 gallon filled half way. oh yeah a 25 gallon.

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
I guess you've got your answer :) I just wanted to add that I've kept Dwarf Gouramis, Pearl Gouramis & Paradise Gourami with male Bettas for years without a single problem. I'm really surprised so many claim it can't be done. There's so much to take into consideration to make such a generalized statement.

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Ok don't ask a question then get all pissy about the answers you get... Go ahead and do what you want (we all know you will anyway) and don't come crying if the gourami and/or betta either mar or murder each other.

d1anonly22

AC Members
May 19, 2009
visalia california
im not pissy its just the question wasnt about the decour in my tank or the water level in my tank. looks like you got really mad yourself though. and no im not going to do what i want im going to take all the info i have gather and decide from there. i have owend many cichlids and have seen the bad side of aggressive or territorial fish and i wont go crying anywhere if the gourami kill the betta(which from all the info when things go bad thats who does the killing in almost all cases).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store