Some corals I picked up, "Gonorias"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
These are some corals I got awhile ago, They were listed as "Gonorias" if anyone want's to give a scientific name that would be nice :)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ummm, that is a sexually transmitted disease, not a coral. It is a Goniopora Flower Pot Coral. I have never known or heard of a person ever keeping those alive more than 12 months although I am sure there are rare instances it has happened. EXTREMELY hard coral to care for.

Robert04

Dec 31, 2008
hahahaha that's awesome, I didn't know we could purchase STD's from our LFS.. But on the serious side thanks for clearing that up.. I think that they are doing pretty good so far.. they have been growing pretty fast.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
These are some corals I got awhile ago, They were listed as "Gonorias" if anyone want's to give a scientific name that would be nice :)
:D lols i laughed so hard! even if i shouldn't have laughed,you sure did brighten up my day a bit!

i not a salty but they are sure pretty!nice pickups:thumbsup:

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Any way to get a close-up of the first one? It looks like Alveopora more than Goniopora. The others are definitely Goniopora. In most cases, they are very difficult. Luckily, people do have more long term luck with smaller polyped encrusting species, as well as red varieties and Alveopora.

Robert04

Dec 31, 2008
They were listed as "Gonoria" in quotations and 39.99ea underneath that, all written by hand in black marker.. I thought it was really funny, and they were in the variety friendly frag tank so I scooped them :)

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
After looking at it on my larger monitor, I am almost positive that the first is Alveopora. It should have exactly 12 tentacles around each polyp compared to the 24 that Goniopora have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store