Show your shrimp bowl!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
Are your RCS and yellows in the same bowl? If so, i would seperate them. They can cross and then you have "brown" shrimp.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva

flyinggig

AC Members
Jan 7, 2012
Trinity Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
Real Name
Greg
100_3577.JPG
My newly setup shrimp bowl..... I liked the idea, kept Ghost shrimp before.... thought I'd give it a whirl !
Organic dirt, reg aquarium gravel, topped with a layer of pebbles.

100_3577.JPG

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
No filtration at all for mine, just the air stone so it doesn't go stagnant. It gets weekly water changes like my actual aquarium...with such a small volume you can easily do a 70-80% change within minutes.

I wouldn't say shrimp "like" having an unfiltered environment. I wish I could devote a whole tank to them, but this seems to be working.

ksterling

AC Members
Nov 7, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Real Name
Kristin
1. the bowl of cooked shrimp was not only hilarious but made me hungry. *looks at her fish tank with shifty eyes*
2. love the jar woolfam!

flyinggig

AC Members
Jan 7, 2012
Trinity Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
Real Name
Greg
So my shrimp bowl (Seen above), has been set up for 21 days now. Many water changes later..... (small volume = less hassle)... I have removed some of the stem plants (growing much too long). Added a small rock with java moss tied to it. Lots of algae...... ready for shrimp. Still working on the temperature.....gets a bit chilly at night. There is a snail hitchiker or two in the bowl from the plants.....helping to keep the glass clean. I might wait until I can get some cherry reds from my lfs..... soon I'm told.
Pictures to follow shortly.
How has everybody elses bowls been doing since the setup? Updates?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store