Tanganykian 220

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
What a wonderful collection of fish.
I'm in the process of upgrading from a 33 long to a 55 for my pearly ocellatus because I want to add some cyps and a few other Lake Tang species to mix. You've given me a few ideas.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
A 75 would be better than a 55, that's just a little taller 33 long. The footprint of a 75 allows more stocking options.

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
I agree with you concerning the 75, but we don't have a basement and my husband is concerned about the excess weight on the floor (I shut down a 20 long before I told him about the upgrade since it is a legitimate concern), and my main reason for upgrading is because I want the extra height to add some cyps. Then again, I do have a 75 community tank. I just hesitate to convert that to a Lake Tang tank because it's heavily planted and absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, whatever suggestions you may have for the 55 would be much appreciated. So far, cyps are the only species I've decided on (plus my pearly ocellatus). I'm also considering goby cichlids and some julis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store