Natural seawater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Khemul

Have been out of the marine side of the hobby for several years due to hurricane Frances . Used to go to "barrier reef" in Boca any better shops around?? My friends who are setting up the 200 only experience is keeping two goldfish in a bowl For some odd reason they died lol .I have a couple of sites in mind IF they can't get out in the boat. But since for a tank that size they'll certainly need a setup for water changes anyway.
Breaks down to bringing the water home .

A Austin Most public aquariums use the "open " method if near the sea if not they ship it in . Shedd uses railroad tankers . Was surprised to learn the Georgia is using salt mixes

There was a tv show on the workings of the Monterey aquarium about the maintenence on the water system. Their "free" water costs around 100 grand a year to keep it operating lol
I once saw a 700 gallon in Bermuda that used an "open system" they drew water from a depth of 20 feeet and returned to the surface I was more curious about the system than the inhabitants but didn't get to ask many ?? Anyway thanks everybody gary

Pherball

AC Members
Apr 2, 2012
I've seen the fish market guys do it for their lobster tanks. They just drive their truck to the end of the pier/dock and throw 5g buckets out on ropes then pull em up full. They dump that into a couple of Rubbermaid trashcans with locking lids in the back of the truck n drive away.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Getting a small amount of water is not much of a problem, Transporting storing and moving not to mention quality sure is lol trying to decide if it's worth it for the savings considering all the extra equipment necessary.
Thanks gary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store