New Regal/blue/hippo tang not too active

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Hi, your Barney has a nice colour .
Well the three days dose is over now, and the ph in the hospital tank is being lowered slowly to .017. The few spots she had have gone except for one 'sugar grain' on her dorsal fin
Still she sits in a corner and does nothing. I have never seen her eat,not in the three weeks we have had her.( How long can a fish live with out eating?) We did find cyclops but she is not touching it either

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Jenny, my first thoughts were that your little tang needs to be left unbothered. If she is shy and has constant attention, she will just freak with no place to hide.

I would make sure there was a clip with seaweed of various brands, and maybe some algae wafers, and then just let her come around on her own.

Also where did you buy your fish? Chain pet store or regular salt water fish store?

Hope she starts feeling better soon.

My little guy is a pig already. First day he barely ate, and hid out in the corner. He had the white spots, (ich) and was very skinny. My tank is over a year old, so there is plenty of algae for him to graze on.

Thanks, Barney was transparent and the sun shining through him makes him look that way. Yes so skinny the light shines through.

After a few days of being real shy, he now comes out more and at feeding time is a monster. I didn't think he would be so easy to feed. Now he even eats flake food.

So I am concerned that you may be moving yours around a little much, and causing her to be scared, which will inhibit the eating patterns. That and I think you mentioned 4 maroon clowns and and something else.

Any chance you may share more pics of your setup? Full tank shots, maybe an equipment list etc.

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Hi
We will be putting her back in the main tank today.
The set up 4 T5 lights, a 400l protein skimmer in the sump tank, uv steraliser,Live rock in the sump as a filter and the return pump 3500/hr.
Plus all the live rock in the tank

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
I must agree with Snailrider... Moving a brand new fish so much is very frightening to her.. regardless of where ur moving to/from... and so many additions to the main tank (Liverock/Moving LR around) will me freaking her out... You should just put her in the main tank, let her explore, and feed your tank at the regular feeding times... If she still rejects to eat, try feeding HALF a portion of LIVE brine/mysis along with the other half being frozen... that should help her start eating...

Otherwise, let her calm down and stop stressing...

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
Well she is back in the tank
We also put some live sea weed in the tank.She ate loads of that and has been swimming around.So it looks like she is settling down now.
Thanks for all the input.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Well she is back in the tank
We also put some live sea weed in the tank.She ate loads of that and has been swimming around.So it looks like she is settling down now.
Thanks for all the input.
That is such good news, if you get a chance, do get some current pics for us pictureholics :) (try without flash for awhile yet)

It is practically guaranteed that the ich may come back at some point in the future, and the best thing is to just keep the water at good params, and keep the scare activity low for her and others.

If you can keep her eating and trying different foods she will get the nutrition needed to be healthy, and seaweed/algae is a great start. Keep offering small amounts of the cyclopeze, mysis etc. Even high quality flake and pellet.

And of course I would love to hear some of the cute stories you may start to have with this fish :naughty:

JennyAnn

AC Members
Jan 15, 2009
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-tVARf-fL8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f-tVARf-fL8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store