Problems with water changer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tkdjr1186

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
If your Aqueon has quit siphoning check to make sure it hasn't sucked up some debris and the pump is clogged.

You can unscrew the valve part at the bottom of the pump from the venturi at the top and get a look inside. Also remove the tubing and look in from that angle to.

For the Lee's changer that the OP is having problems with. There is a small black rubber O ring between the venturi needle and the main housing. It may be broken or missing. If you look down from the top you will see a hexagonal shaped indent in the top of the pump. Stick your thumb or something that fits the shape in there and turn that part counter clockwise while holding the pump body still to separate them. Once you separate the venturi funnel from the pump the O ring should be on the needle part. If you replace that needle O ring it should stop your leaking.

To stop the leak at the tubing, remove the tubing and cut the expanded flared end of the tubing off and then reattach. As the tubing stretches and ages it will develop a "memory" shape and it may leak.

Andy
So I have already replaced the faucet thing for a new one and it's still not siphoning. The aqueon that is

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
What's the difference in height between the aquarium and the sink? Is the aquarium at a lower water level than the faucet? It's more difficult for a venturi to draw up against the force of gravity and the flow rate will be slower. To compensate you need to have a stronger flow from the faucet. Is there a flow restrictor on the faucet that limits the water flow?

Andy

Tkdjr1186

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
What's the difference in height between the aquarium and the sink? Is the aquarium at a lower water level than the faucet? It's more difficult for a venturi to draw up against the force of gravity and the flow rate will be slower. To compensate you need to have a stronger flow from the faucet. Is there a flow restrictor on the faucet that limits the water flow?

Andy
Tank is higher, no restrictor, nothing has changed since it worked when I got it

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Something had to have changed since it worked at one time. It's a pretty simple device. Did you check to make sure there isn't something blocking the tube at the gravel tube head?

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
How fast does the water come out of your faucet? Maybe your water pressure is low?

It's really quite a puzzle as there is no reason why it shouldn't be working. It's kind of defying the laws of physics.

Andy

Tkdjr1186

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
How fast does the water come out of your faucet? Maybe your water pressure is low?

It's really quite a puzzle as there is no reason why it shouldn't be working. It's kind of defying the laws of physics.

Andy
I know it's puzzling, the water pressure hasn't changed as far as I can tell. Comes out pretty fast.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
dundadundun, I would LOVE to take you up on that but right now, I'm incredibly broke. I just had a really expensive vet bill that sucked up all of my money. I'll have to try cutting the hose and also changing the o-ring to see if that does the trick. It's not too important if it sprays at the faucet, I drape a cloth over it but it's still annoying though. I would prefer for things to function properly, of course.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store