Mbuna Vacation Pond (PS. Demasoni)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Sounds like fun man, it will be rewarding when finished.. If you need ideals about filtration let me know aye..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
All i can say is wow my Demasoni are getting huge and you should see the Livingstoni fry they too are getting huge..

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Pitt, we could appreciate your fish-growing genius better with pix, just sayin'... :)

glad to hear everything is going/growing well. Did you get the water plant problem straightened out? I recommend parrot feather if you need a superfast/supercheap plant to fend off the sun these days. Or lillies if you can find a couple cheap. Those big leaves shade and reflect very nicely. And they over-winter quite well, mine have been coming back for 10 years now. :)

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Xan you know me i will be out there taking photos tomorrow def will have some, right now i have some Arrowhead plants and some anacharis don't know if that's spelled right but my hyacinth just looks like crap when we had the cold spell they never bounced back so i may start over again here soon with them..

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
pitt, I always read that plant name as "anarchists" anyway, and picture little plants armed with pitchforks and torches marching in mobs on the mansions of the aristocracy. Of course I have a moderately warped imagination. :)

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
LOL well i didn't get the photos i had to take my vehicle in for repairs dam cars but cool thing is that i got some Mloto Haps from a friend today they are pretty cool..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Part 2 the tear down

Well i couldn't handle it and i had to get the fish back into the tanks and plus i added the fish at a smaller stage and probably wouldn't yield too much fry..

However i was able to save a few unknown type of cichlid fry that will be left in the pond to grow for the rest of the year i was able to pull 15 Demasoni which means i lost 5 Demasoni and i pulled 12 Livingstoni which did great and outgrew the Demasoni, i also pulled the 3 Cylindricus out they look great and earlier last month i tossed in some Julido fry and they too grew amazingly fast..

My brother came over helped and we had some fun even my kids helped..

086.JPG 089.JPG 091.JPG 092.JPG 098.JPG 099.JPG 108.JPG 109.JPG 110.JPG 119.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store