Question for everyone? Should I trade my 120 for 240 tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
I think you would have a much easier time selling your current tank. It looks super nice, the stand is really nice..etc.

On the other tank, not as many people will have room for it, it looks a bit sketchy to me, and that stand is the creepy crazy clown of fishtank stands. It's going to give small children and some adults nightmares. Yes, you may be able to get a little bit more money for it, but you may need to hang on to it for quite a long while before you are able to unload it on someone.

Your tank you could sell tomorrow.
The larger tank you could MAYBE sell 6 months from now if you are lucky.
I don't need the stand. If I decided to trade I would double stack the 240s. You see that heavy duty warehouse metal shelf. Going to use it to stack my 240s. Use 2 side filter as an filter. Use 1 pond pump down on my old 240 and push it to the top 240. Use 1 heater in the winter too. It will look something like my tanks inside my house.

fontosa.jpg4 fishtank.JPG

fontosa.jpg 4 fishtank.JPG

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Everyone think of this. If i decide 2 sell the tank. I will get $1 per gallon only. 120 for $120 and 240 for $240. That the Street price. The tanks asserory has no value in it. I will be lucky to sell my asserory for $100. Chance are no one will buy it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I'm sorry. I didn't understand it was tank you were wanting to use, I assumed because of the above quote you were thinking of selling.

As was said earlier, see it full and make sure it doesn't leak before making any decisions.

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
I'm sorry. I didn't understand it was tank you were wanting to use, I assumed because of the above quote you were thinking of selling.

As was said earlier, see it full and make sure it doesn't leak before making any decisions.
You don't need to be sorry. I just needed inputs. And you gave. Thanks. This is what this site is all about. The selling part is to show the value of each tank. They are both worth about the same. The 240 guy has not reply back second time back yet. If he does, going to check it out the fish tank. Than if I want it. I will fill it with water. I just have a big feeling that he will want to trade for my clean 120 fish tank setup.

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
This is what he email me back:

We just bought a 75g salt water tank for $100 from our neighbors that just moved, you are the first person that emailed us about our tank, How much would you give us for our tank, theres 4 people that offered us, the highest was $550. And we took it of cl cuz alot of people were emailing us. Im going to put it up again tonight with my number this time. If your interested buying it cash you can call or text me anytime.
thanks.

This is what he posted again on the Craigslist:

I have a large tank measures 96" long 30" hight and 24" wide, comes with nice stand but needs a little touch up but its still in good shape. Was going to be my brother's and my project salt water tank but its a little to big for us, It just the tank, 2 lids, 2 dividers for under filtration on each side, filter pads and the stand that has both side storage doors and outlet connections. It would be a killer salt water tank if somebody that could finish it . We would like to sell it cuz we just got a 75g salt tank or if you have a smaller salt tank like 35g up to 55g we would take your trade and some cash but hast be be complete with stand just to put fish in or if fish is included. Let me no what you have.
Tank has no leaks or any type of damage to it.its in good condition. Just needs to be cleaned.
Call or text me anytime (559)480-6830
no low ballers.......
Seriouse inquires only.
Ps i seen these tanks go over $1k just the tank and stand and when there finshed even way more.

fish tank craigslist.jpg

OMG. Not going to deal with people like this. He wants more than anyone willing pay for it. Ugly stand and ugly filter on the side tank. Tank looks fine but the filter part kill it. That tank is not a saltwater tank but an freshwater arowana fish tank. Messy monster fish tank. I know he just got it and don't know what to do with it. If the tank measurement is right it an 350gallon tank. Looked so much like my 240. Good Luck to him for trying to get $550 out of it. Who knows what else is wrong with it. I was just trying to trade him an even up trade for his tank. It be funnier if he tries to email back again. LOL

I reply to him:

My friend just sold his complete 340gallon tank setup for $450. Tank, stand, filter, and pump. It was a lot more nicer looking and ready to go system. Good luck in try to get rid of it. I just wanted to give you an even trade setup for yours.

Anyway the tank is too deep. 36' will be hard to catch the fish. Thats why I did not offer to buy or keep my friends tank.

fish tank craigslist.jpg

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Yep, time to walk away. The tank looks a mess and they seem to be wanting to get rich off of it. I got a feeling they have no clue what it is even or what to do with it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store