55 gallon build/journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Unless your BP can actually close it's mouth (most are so deformed they cannot close their mouths) there is little damage a larger BP can do to an angel (it could try to ram it but unless you get a stupid angel who sits there and lets it happen it likely won't harm the angel). If you get an angel the size of a 50 cent piece, after qt I'd be putting it in the 55g. It's not like you're getting a dime sized one, or even nickel sized.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ok so just put it in the tank after quarentine? i still cant decide if i wanna buy the blue philipine and wait a little while for the cherry barbs or buy a regular angelfish at the LFS and get the cherry barbs. ARG decisions. oh but i got the tank setup. im trying to get the water clear before i put the fish in.

oh and sadly a green bristlenose died. it was the smallest one and i think its the long fin sadly. maybe the two left will be male and female and give me another longfin. really sadning. i have no idea how it would die.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
If it were my angelfish, I would put it in the 55g after qt, unless your BP can close it's mouth and is a nasty fish. Though if it's a nasty BP, a little more size won't do much.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ill see if it can close its mouth in a minute. can i go ahead and add them or do i need to wait for the sand to clear? its clearer now you can actually see the wall behind it(no background yet)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
he cant close his mouth so im safe. i put them all in the tank even though its not all the way clear. i had to go to bed though. i hope its ok if a bulldog pleco and betta share the home for a week. the bettas the one im kind of worried about, but i doubt the BP could do much in a week especially without being able to close his mouth and with the really tiny gaps that the betta can squeeze into but the blood parrot couldnt even stick his head into. ill take pics tomorrow. cant wait to get the angel and cherry barbs!!! maybe ill go to an LFS and look at some angels, and maybe this weekend too before i pay for the philine blue.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Wait, did you cycle this tank?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
yup my entire tetra 30-60 came off my 29 gallon and on to this tank. my blood parrot is acting weird now. i was looking in the tank and he went up to the top and splashed the surface and then went down underneath the filter intake and a rock and i thought he was stuck but then he zipped out and got wedged in between a rock! any idea what could be wrong with him? i dont think it could be some kind of illness could it? he did have big rocks he could get under in his quarentine so maybe hes trying to hide and hasnt found the 2 caves he can fit in. the angel will be shipped next week. here's a video of what im getting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHCCWh6ZuE

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Could be lack of oxygen, watch the fish carefully. Was it gasping at the surface or just splashing? The fish could also just be exploring it's new home.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
splashing. i doubt its low oxygen with all the surface agitation from the two filters. maybe hes just getting used to his new home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store