My First Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Yep, hope he makes it through quarantine period. He is showing signs of viral popcorn thing forget the name something something cystosis.

Oh well, what I've read, it will not kill, and when he settles in it will go away, and not very contageous to other types of fish.

Otherwise seems to have a great disposition eats some, hides some, comes out and checks me out at times, came for the photo below.

kole.jpg

Last edited:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hard to make out much from the picture, i am aftraid, as to the ailment ( cant actually see any ailment from the picture...lol...besides a tad of whiteness around the mouth )...

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Yea the lighting is dim in that tank. The white on his mouth was way worse when I got him, like puffy lips on the side, I treated as a bacterial, and it is almost gone.

He just has two white spots, one on the very edge of the top fin, salt size, and a small one on his face. I think if it were ich it would have matured and fallen off in the week I have had him. He is being treated as if he has ich anyway.

Otherwise, picky eater, but does eat. Looks good all around, a fairly tough little guy.

It's killing me not putting him in the big tank with all the algae to graze on. But, alas, been there with the ich before, not willing to rerun.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Mine has been pretty sick since we moved...I just started treating him with melafix today.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Well salty, he had been pretty pale for a while and then he started developing some dark brown spots on his face and sides...but was eating and doing normal things. Today he has been hiding like crazy, I put some food in the tank and he came out looking like a zombie...peeling skin, white stuff around his mouth, looking like he wants to eat the food but he forgot how to...sad stuff I must say. He used to be the toughest, healthiest one out of the bunch. You can't take salinity and pH lightly...that's what was fluctuating since we moved the tank and it struck all 3 of my tangs hard, leaving them with ich and fin rot and leaving me with 3 deaths including 2 fire fish and recently my flame angel.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Sassy, the peeling skin sounds like you might have Brooklynella. http://www.chucksaddiction.com/brookynella.html or do a search in wet web media and other reputable sources.

Also, why the fluctuation in salinity? That shouldn't be happening unless it's user/topoff error.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store