Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dirtydawg10

Severum Mafia Don
Sep 5, 2005
Connecticut
Before I respond, consider this: The mafia had already determined for themselves that Rich was the real detective. They also they knew well in advance of nightfall that he was their next hit.

As a side note, I think it's worthwhile for us to answer that question too.... "how could they have been sure it was Rich instead of Pir who was the real PR?"

That's actually quite obvious, now.

The mafia knew Piranha was lying the whole time --> because Piranha named an innocent as scum.

Pir's claim was wrong (they knew that); Rich's claim was right (they knew that too). The mafia knows who their teammates are.

The mafia, therefore, wasted NO time whatsoever trying to decide between Pir and Rich as the real detective. They knew it immediately, as it was happening.

So throughout the whole second day, all 5 of the mafia team - including Zaffy - pretended to be confused and unsure which role claim was the real deal.

Kash...don't you think the mafia knew Rich was the Det and Pir was lying because Pir is their teammate and they were just trying to get the Det to come out? Or do you think Pir is telling the truth now?

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I agree...I was mentioning that based solely on lynching Zaff since it is a foregone conclusion who the Town wants out next. Then we could go back to 48. I don't see a problem with waiting though if we have to.
Thank you, Dawg. From what I'm seeing, I think we have players who are still struggling to keep up with many details... who said what? who replied to whom? And all that. It's not easy for us vets either... believe me... lol. It takes us a lot of time to clear up confusing positions and some have been confusing different players by name.

Actually, a bit of a slack in the posting frenzy is a good thing as that allows us more time to review posts, ask questions, double-check facts, and formulate suspicions. We don't need to focus on Zaffy at all anymore but everyone else is still undetermined.

TwoHobbies

AC Members
Jun 26, 2008
Kash I agree with most of your post to me. The biggest problem I still have is this.

The detective is a huge threat to the scum, but in this case we are talking about last night which is a very specific case. At the point where you told Rich to call his invest he became "walking dead" and nothing, nada, zip as a threat to the scum. You need to consider everything that played out, and the order of nightly events. If Rich names any innocent the scum just hits them. The town learns nothing except the innocents name and we are going to learn one each nightfall anyway. If Rich names a scum they hit Rich.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
just a little FYI...i'm going down to college today and have job orientation tomorrow, and then will be moving in on saturday. i don't expect to have alot on time on the internet, but i'll try my best to get online before saturday afternoon and post/at least read the thread.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Okay, I am home and wanted to get this out of the way.

hey guys I just had a lightbulb moment. Zaffy CLAIMS to be the vig, and pir is scum. Why don't we lynch pir, and have the REAL vig hit zaffy. If zaffy is in fact the vig, then he will possibly be hit by the mafia tonight, but definitely hit by them tommorow. Please point out anything wrong with this theory.
Are you even reading the game thread? Or do you just check in at the scumden and if no one is there to tell you what has been going on do you then come here and just start posting?

I'm sorry, I just figured that someone would notice the (previous) highest poster going silent all day. It's something that would scream scum in my book, so what gives?

:nilly: and the flaw?
Again, are you reading the game thread? Kashta and I discussed this in the thread fairly thoroughly last night it should be no stretch for you to check it out.

we could get a better idea of whos a snitch. I'm starting to that maybe pir wasn't, and that hes just been trying to feed us BS. Him and zaffy both have to go, so could we get some help vig?

And chill what did kash point out?
Are you so used to being filled in on what has happened in the game that you can't go back and read it for yourself? You need someone else to pull it for you?

I have been out of sync with my game from missing so many, but it is time to step up my game and start digging.

UN you are definitely one I am going to dig into.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I'm just saying that we should deal with the problems already confronting us, but we should always keep an eye out for scum. For example, S4S has quieted down along with Pir. Kash has posted more, and so has chill. You've also begun posting more dawg.
And the vets posting more is a problem at hand how? It seems to me that with the vets posting more we might actually get some content to analyze as opposed to the smoke screen you and pir were putting up D1.

okay so it should read:

"we could get a better idea of whos a mafia. I'm starting to that maybe pir wasn't..."

So you think Pir wasn't mafia? I know that's not what you meant to say so this word switch doesn't make this any better for me.
I have to agree here, UN you are wobbling on the fence IMO. It seems to me that a false RC naming an innocent as scum from invest is a pretty good indicator that we have 2 scum revealed. Is this fact making you nervous?

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
He attacked Zaffy.

Ok, trust me UN, when I'm viewing this thread, I'm not gonna be 'quieting down'.
The highlighted was in response to being asked how you knew that rich was the det.

Correct me if I am wrong here. You are stating that Rich attacked Zaffy so you immediately knew Rich was the det?

You are amazing. I wish I had the clairvoyance to differentiate between a PR attacking someone and just a regular old townie attacking someone in these games.

Your story gets weaker and weaker every time you explain it.

Let me explain this to you simply. You made a false RC, and named a confirmed innocent as your invest calling him scum.

This forced the real det. to come out. If you hadn't made the false claim, Rich would not have come out and would probably still be in the game giving us hints as to who he invested and turned up scum.

Of course you already knew this before you "came out" because it was planned in the scum den wasn't it?

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
so he attacked Zaffy. many people have gone after Salt, does that make them the detectives too? i attacked JB, does that make me a detective too? no, because even though both have looked very mafia-ish at times, we still dont really know their role. the only way you would know that rich was the real detective because he suddenly attacked zaffy would be if you knew that zaffy was scum as well, and there is only one other way that is possible. don't try to claim Vigilante either; this would not be possible in any way as Rich could only communicate with you if he investigated you. Pir, you are now promoted to 100% scum.
Zaffy wasn't really acting that scummy, but for whatever reason, Rich saw something in Zaf.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Now I'm starting to believe your just trying to be difficult. We wouldn't know anything till Rich died. No mafia team is going to give up one of their own if they don't have to.
The mafia teams have always been willing to sacrifice one of theirs for the good of the team. You have played enough games to see the posts about Ice throwing one of his teammates under the bus. It makes one of their own golden in the eyes of the town.

Kash I agree with most of your post to me. The biggest problem I still have is this.

The detective is a huge threat to the scum, but in this case we are talking about last night which is a very specific case. At the point where you told Rich to call his invest he became "walking dead" and nothing, nada, zip as a threat to the scum. You need to consider everything that played out, and the order of nightly events. If Rich names any innocent the scum just hits them. The town learns nothing except the innocents name and we are going to learn one each nightfall anyway. If Rich names a scum they hit Rich.
Rich became "dead man walking" as soon as pir false claimed. That is it end of story. Why do you insist on rehashing something that is not going to help the town at all?

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
Correct me if I am wrong here. You are stating that Rich attacked Zaffy so you immediately knew Rich was the det?
No, I'm saying that I picked up on him being det, I didn't know for sure, but I figured if I saw it, the mob would.
Let me explain this to you simply. You made a false RC, and named a confirmed innocent as your invest calling him scum.
I though he was scum...
This forced the real det. to come out. If you hadn't made the false claim, Rich would not have come out and would probably still be in the game giving us hints as to who he invested and turned up scum.
I honestly didn't plan on that. I was trying to get hit by the mob so he would have a chance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store