The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

theemon

AC Members
Jun 14, 2009
am i the only one seeing the building is too small?

a 10x12 building...

really thats not that big. she might get 3 walls. have u done the math to see how many tanks/gallons u can stuff in there.. i turned half my basement(2 rooms almost) into my fish rooms, and i dont have enough, and im only running around 50 tanks

colleen0309

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
Freedom, NY
Your building looks nice! My building is coming along at the same pace. Heat in, floor done, window finished and water in. But my water line is leaking and we can't get it to stop! Guess that's a project for this weekend! Too much to do, so little time.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
am i the only one seeing the building is too small?

a 10x12 building...

really thats not that big. she might get 3 walls. have u done the math to see how many tanks/gallons u can stuff in there.. i turned half my basement(2 rooms almost) into my fish rooms, and i dont have enough, and im only running around 50 tanks
I think it depends on tank size and height. I think with 15 gallon(or even 20 long tanks), it should be possible to get 50 tanks in the building and have a decent amount of space. You might be able to do something with 40 breeders, but once you get to the bigger taller tanks, the space will fill up very quickly.

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
updates ever going to happen? Suspense is killing me.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
I've been following this thread too... any new pictures shewolf?

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Sorry in the delay with it. We had some busy weeks and haven't done anything to it beside the flooring, and I just haven't gotten time to get some photos. We are going tonight to Lowes in the hopes of getting the rest of the inside panels etc. My hubby has 4 days off work so we plan to go at it these days.

I know the building maybe small to some, but we didn't want do go too big in case things didn't work out with the business. If I do well with it, we will either add on, or look into buying a place for the shop. We'll see.

I've looked into some shelving units at Lowes too. If I use these units here,
http://www.lowes.com/pd_319477-1281...__s?Ntt=freestanding+shelving+unit&facetInfo=

3 rows of tanks, and the shelves are adjustable and Maximum Pounds Per Shelfis 2000..

Or this unit,
http://www.lowes.com/pd_319468-1281...__s?Ntt=freestanding+shelving+unit&facetInfo=

Maximum Pounds Per Shelf is 1000 and adjustable too. Don't know which shelf unit we'll go with just yet. We have to be sure with whatever unit we use we are able to attach lights under each shelf.

If we get the building done we plan to place my display unit in first, get it up and run/tested.. Then we'll be looking at units and slowly moving tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store