20 gallon long build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
I try to not be an angry turtle, but its hard when you have 500+ views and like 10 post. Lmao!

Honestly I can't wait to fill the tank with water and order the dip tails. I need more narrow leaf java fern and crypt undulata for the back too.

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
*pops out fron behind a wall* Im watching you... Well your thread so dont feel left out yo!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Lurking =) If you find a need to switch gears and need something grassy but low maintenance I think Cyperus helferi would be the way to go. You won't be battling constant runners from cyperus anyway. What would be a midground plant that would be shorter than your driftwood but taller than the nana petite as a transition in height? Have you considered stargrass (Heteranthera zosterifolia)? Well I have no control of collecting plant species I'm glad you do, I'm terrible ...LOL

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
*pops out fron behind a wall* Im watching you... Well your thread so dont feel left out yo!

Not gonna lie, kinda creepy. LOL!

Lurking =) If you find a need to switch gears and need something grassy but low maintenance I think Cyperus helferi would be the way to go. You won't be battling constant runners from cyperus anyway. What would be a midground plant that would be shorter than your driftwood but taller than the nana petite as a transition in height? Have you considered stargrass (Heteranthera zosterifolia)? Well I have no control of collecting plant species I'm glad you do, I'm terrible ...LOL
Well ideally the hirasuta was to be the shortest plant in the tank...but if it grows as tall as it was when I got it, I am in trouble. Cyperus is going to be too tall for what I was trying to achieve, a low growing plant to add color, but leave plenty of space to swim. Also the lighting needs are more than I was going to put on this tank. Same with the star grass. I have been looking to upgrade a strip light with a retro kit 1x55watt compact flourescent kit from AH supply. The issue is I don't want to have too high of lighting, per the fish's needs.

And what do you mean youhave no control?

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Gotcha makes sense. I kept stargrass under lower light it just grew more like a stem under higher light it grew as ground cover.

And what do you mean youhave no control?
I lack self control when it comes to plants (collectoritis), I tried it on my 180g where I only kept 3 or 4 plant types so I usually had to leave before club plant swap to avoid the urge or I became the plant pusher on everyone else...LMAO So my apologies for doing that to you here. =) As to not make others suffer I just keep collecting myself (should have more plants coming in the mail later this week) ...LOL

f1sleepy

AC Members
Mar 25, 2012
Southern CA
Real Name
James
Did you plant the Anubias rhizomes in the substrate? It's difficult to tell from the pictures, but if so, you want to pull it up out of the substrate or it will rot and kill the plant. Petite isn't cheap and I'd hate to see you lose it!

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Did you plant the Anubias rhizomes in the substrate? It's difficult to tell from the pictures, but if so, you want to pull it up out of the substrate or it will rot and kill the plant. Petite isn't cheap and I'd hate to see you lose it!
I appreciate you checking, I have it above the substrate... Just barely. It is a super slow grower though... Its got a few new leaves coming in.

Jay- LMAO! Hey suggestions are welcome normally. It's just that I had this one planned out already, wheels are rolling already.

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Already showing growth! Too bad I will have to trim it just before adding water.

uploadfromtaptalk1397781692435.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397781692435.jpg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Looks good so far. Do you have an ETA for fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store