Thinking about switching to salt...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
^if its aiptasia it'll retract into the rock before you can smash it. Which won't kill it anyways.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Two words...blow torch. Seriously, take the rock out and torch the hole the nem lives in. Otherwise kalk paste the aptasia and hope you kill it before it spews demons.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
No, you need to get some sort of killer. Joe's Juice works, though I've never used it personally.

OOH! I do like the blow torch idea :p

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Two words...blow torch. Seriously, take the rock out and torch the hole the nem lives in. Otherwise kalk paste the aptasia and hope you kill it before it spews demons.
Agreed.

The last one I saw pop up (may have been a feather duster, was tiny and I go with the old witch trial methods...if it dies, "oops, sorry little duster". if it survives, "damned aiptasia!") I took the rock out, covered the nem's home in superglue...then epoxy...then more superglue...then covered that corner of the rock in epoxy...then more superglue. It's probably still alive under all that too, evil little buggers. :nilly:

Joe's Juice gets mixed reviews. Seems to work for some people and not for others. Personally I'm all for the "nuke it into oblivion and be done with it" ideas. Poisoning is just not all that fun.

audifeesh

AC Members
Aug 18, 2010
I honest to god think I may adopt the laser method for my Majanos. Can't get to some of them any other way/they're too close to coral or other life.

I like super gluing the hole shut too. That's one of my personal favorites lol.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I'm going to have to get a better look at it, as far as I could tell it wasn't in a hole. Just sitting on a flat part of the rock. I tried googling a picture of a tiny aiptasia, didn't find anything similar. It's really too small to take a pic of.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
No I have not only because I only have 3 or 4 at a time and because when the nems are gone the nudi starves.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
picture time

picture time.

Are these first 3 feather dusters? they close up when i get near them. They are all over this piece of lr. I can see at least 15, hopefully they arent aiptasia. If they are im just going to pull the whole rock out.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Is this a tube anemone? it had the fingers/feather things hanging out of it before i took the pic.
4.jpg8.jpg

And i have a star fish! its hard to see in the first but you can kind of see it in the second. Its greenish, not shaped like a brittle star, more like a regular starfish. ID if possible? lol
5.jpg
6.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Looks like feather dusters. Can't tell without seeing the tube one out, but you may have two types. One type being the tiny, mostly clear types and the other being a larger darker type with a more pronounced tube-body.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store