greech's Simple 40 Breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
u no thats what i always say lol.

Phatboydime

AC Members
Dec 22, 2008
Valid point!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Did a little work on the tank today. My Rhodactis mushrooms were getting a bit out of hand and one polyp attacked my duncan and killed 2 of its polyps. I was going to move them to another spot in the tank but decided to remove them completely. Unfortunately they were attached to a larger rock that was of course at the bottom of my rock work. Of course all of this meant I had to put my tank back together and rescape...ugh! I'm actually like it a bit better because its more open (particularly on the bottom and the flow seems better.

And as a reward for all my efforts I took the shrooms into my LFS and picked up a nice Superman Montipora frag. Going to keep it on the sandbed for a day or two with plans to mount it high up in the rockwork.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Good call on the superman, from my experience to keep the blue base they need to be way up high. One of the most light intense corals I have come across in regards to keeping its coloring. Strange for a monti.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Forgot to mention I also bought a 12K ATI Aquablue Special Bulb to test out. Going to get 2 ATI Blue + and a Figi Purple of UV Superactinic when my LFS gets more in next week.

And yes the Chalice does pop pretty good. Definitely one of my favs!

Thanks for the info on the monti Ace. I hope I can keep it healthy and bright!. The LFS also has a sunset and a reverse sunset that were jaw dropping! They weren't for sale but I probably couldn't have afforded them anyway :)

Last edited:

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It's been a while between updates. Few changes to the tank. My original stand developed a crack in one of the vertical supports and I noticed it was becoming more and more unlevel so I spent the last 4 days building a new one. This one is much better than my first. Since I had to tear down the tank to put it on the new stand, I ended up rescaping the whole darn thing! Man I despise aquascaping! Overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out but I'm sure I will tweak it a bit more. Picas are a little cloudy from the change over...

I kept battling some diatom blooms and a bit of other alages so I picked up a blue dot sea hare. This thing is a machine!

Other than that my frags just keep growing. Hopefully I will get some new corals sometime soon,

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
Wow, sounds like quite a hassle -- but glad to hear that you caught the problem before something bad happened.....Tank looks great!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Me too! Thanks for the compliment. Lots of filling in/growing in to do but I like it.

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
WOW!!! Brother your tank is truely impressive! SO beautiful man makes me jealous. You have done an amazing job there. This is what I think of when I think of a tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store