Mbuna Vacation Pond (PS. Demasoni)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Come on down we Ky folk are a generous folk LOL..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
A couple more photos, That DIY filter is turning out to be a good piece of equipment.. No clogs and a great flow rate..

005.JPG

019.JPG

005.JPG 019.JPG

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The pond is looking very nice, Pitt!

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I may have to start all over on the floating plants i put them in a few months ago and we had some cold weather for a couple of days and the Hyacinth is not greening back up right and looks pretty nasty but the fish look good and getting bigger by the day..

Thanks Efors..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hey, my original colony of male multies would look great in there!

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Send em on up here i lost all of my Multi's Dam heater..

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I am SO jealous, this is an awesome project. I want to setup a wood enclosed pond on my front porch for mbunas, just have to wait for work so I can afford it. :)

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Really nice Pitt, it's simple and beautiful! We're building a 1500g goldfish pond this year, but after seeing this pond, hmmm, next year???? Have one question for ya, I live in Northern Virginia, I'd only be able to keep the water warm enough June - end of August. That's only 3 months, and it sound like you have 5 months or so. Guess I'd have to start with adult fish, huh?

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Jen yeah i have seen wooden ones before and is really where i got the ideal from, one of the local pet shops used those yard timbers and went up to about 4 feet and nailed the liner into the wood and then placed another timber on top of the liner to hide it that was nice but it was inside..

Yep London you will need to start out with adults or near adult size with only three months of warm weather, we usually get anywhere from 5 to 6 months of warm to friggen hot weather here LOL..

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
Thanks Jen yeah i have seen wooden ones before and is really where i got the ideal from, one of the local pet shops used those yard timbers and went up to about 4 feet and nailed the liner into the wood and then placed another timber on top of the liner to hide it that was nice but it was inside..

Yep London you will need to start out with adults or near adult size with only three months of warm weather, we usually get anywhere from 5 to 6 months of warm to friggen hot weather here LOL..
You just described the pond we're building, 2 feet dug below ground, 2 feet above ground built up w/4x4's. We're trying to figure out filtration, skimmer, pumps...blah!!

Now, If I built a smaller pond next summer for cichilds, I'd have to convert that 120g!!! :dance2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store