Just got my first live plants!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Alright, plants are another fun part of aquriums. I have had a lot of luck with mine. I hope you do to.

Kandyroll

AC Members
Apr 22, 2012
The people at the store said that they are awesome bc they constantly are a source of algae. So the plecos never get hungry. Idk. And there pretty cool I must say.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
The people at the store said that they are awesome bc they constantly are a source of algae. So the plecos never get hungry. Idk. And there pretty cool I must say.

Ive had three forever and my plecos never touch it. I have two bushynose and 3 L400s it's never touched. It is an algae, not a true moss. It is as good for a tank as any other plant would be at adding O2 and taking care of nitrates. Just make sure to turn it frequently or it will turn to mush on the bottom. They also seem to require more a medium to high light than the low light that certain places claim they do. My kids had one each in their betta tanks and they browned up and started to rot. They eventually recovered in my larger tank with better lighting. They are also very slow growing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store