The AC hitchhiker ID thread (now thumbnailed)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kandibrandy

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Calgary, Alberta Canada
hitchhiker crab

I know the most popular acusation is that crabs are bad but...thought I'd ask anyway...My lfs said this breed most likely won't eat my corals but will lay eggs, then it'll be trouble. Is this right?

Crab2.jpg Crab.jpg

erebus

Registered Member
Sep 18, 2005
The star is one of several that have crawled out of my LR...they can go unobserved for weeks on end...

Way late, but I was reading at Garf.org and they mentioned that the 7 armed stars were predatory on corals

snagalittle

AC Members
Jun 22, 2007
i am not for shure what this critter i have in my tank might be kinda looks like a slug but might have a shell not for shure.

slug.png

snagalittle

AC Members
Jun 22, 2007
Can someone id this also. They are growing very fast and spreading. Some kind of polyp I believe. Two have attached to the glass were one of my power heads are. The rest are on the lr. I also have one more question for you guys it has been 3 weeks since I have set my tank up. It is a 55 gallon with a 15 gallon sump. I got 30lbs of fully cured live rock from lfs. I have had no ammonia or nitrates or nitrites. Ph is 8.0 water temp is 79.5 I have two power heads in the tank both 300gph with a mag 5 in the sump. Did my tank already cycle? My g/f went by the pet store and bought three damsels without my consent as an anniversary gift. Couldn’t just let her return them so they have been in there also. I know bad..... But returning them would have been worse on me...

help.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store