55 gallon build/journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
AAF you obviously should make the tank livable and get the inhabitants squared away first, but some anubias would look nice on those rocks! I found some at Petsmart for a pretty low price, they were in the dry tube container thingys. (Read the label, it says wether they are anubias or something else) So far mine have done great, I rubber band then to decorations and then remove the bands after they've become attached on their own.
yea i might move the hygro and anubius from my 20 gallon to the 55 i just dont know how they would do in there, but we'll see. i really wanna put some crypts and a sword in there but dont know how the parrot would do with them.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I'd stick with him, he should color up nice. Any pics of the BP's side? It looks like he has something around his right fin...

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
yea i might move the hygro and anubius from my 20 gallon to the 55 i just dont know how they would do in there, but we'll see. i really wanna put some crypts and a sword in there but dont know how the parrot would do with them.
I don't know about the others, but my JD has left my anubias alone. They are near impossible to uproot when attached to stuff too, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
he has some black spots bc hes probably about to go through a little growing period, totally normal for BP's to get some black spots. i saw the cutest baby blood parrots at petsmart. they were still brown they were so young!! i shouldve waited and got a younger one. soooooo much cheaper, but i like him.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I don't know about the others, but my JD has left my anubias alone. They are near impossible to uproot when attached to stuff too, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.
the hygro should be fine since it floats. im just worried about the other two. i might get some java fern too but its hard to find healthy ones.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I don't see a problem with putting the tank on the floor, I believe that FF has done this before (I'd shoot him a PM to see how it worked out). I don't think that the tank will look nice on the floor, but for a temporary QT it shouldn't be a problem.
My 40 breeder and 30tal and 20tal and 20 long are all on the floor. It is tile, so no fear, but with carpet the only danger is that you will leave marks on it. All of my tanks are stable (usually) and none have been affected by their location. Makes it hard to view the fish though.

Is the BP okay?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
yea he was just being a baby and trying to hide. i built him 2 caves he can fit in by his wood and hes fine now.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Just wanted to point out... You have a female cherry barb. You have a male too... And I didn't see the 3rd one.*edit and I don't reccomend an all male cherry school. The males can get kind of nippy chase-e and probably wouldn't work out too well...

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i have 1 male and 2 females one female i got from petco and is larger and the male and female i got from petsmart are almost the same size.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
could i do an angelfish school if i removed the BP and thined the cherry barbs school a little? also how would i do a school without 2 of them pairing up? try to get all females?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store