Stocking 15g Column????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

M00n3at3r

AC Members
Aug 21, 2013
Knuggs has shrimp for sale. Orange shrimp would look cool in there and have a low bio load. Wisteria will take up a lot of the swim space just to note. Rotala might be a better choice for height and width.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I was really only thinking of one plant, like a tree. Maybe in the back corner with a log in through the middle.

M00n3at3r

AC Members
Aug 21, 2013
Ooh ooh! What about some kinda of dwarf cichlid? Then it could looks like a nano reef!!!!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Your Brazilian penny wort would look cool wrapped around a small piece of driftwood growing upward in its zigzag way it grows. Looks like suspended lilypads. That on one side and an Amazon sword on the other with some water lettuce floating... It would be a cool little tank!

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Ooh ooh! What about some kinda of dwarf cichlid? Then it could looks like a nano reef!!!!
Is this thinking of your 15g columnar, or something larger? If the 15g, the only cichlid (for soft water as was mentioned) is one of the Dicrossus species. All the others, including all Apistos, need more linear space to be at their best.

M00n3at3r

AC Members
Aug 21, 2013
Your Brazilian penny wort would look cool wrapped around a small piece of driftwood growing upward in its zigzag way it grows. Looks like suspended lilypads. That on one side and an Amazon sword on the other with some water lettuce floating... It would be a cool little tank!

That would look very nice! Thanks for the idea! How big does that water lettuce get? Would a sword really be suitable for such a small tank?

M00n3at3r

AC Members
Aug 21, 2013
Is this thinking of your 15g columnar, or something larger? If the 15g, the only cichlid (for soft water as was mentioned) is one of the Dicrossus species. All the others, including all Apistos, need more linear space to be at their best.
Alright, I was thinking it would be really cool for it to be a "freshwater nano reef". Saltwater look with the simplicity of a freshwater.

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Water lettuce stays small and the sword would be fine if it was a shrimp tank even though it will certainly fill it up pretty well.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Sick layout, bro. Definitely some sort of nano tank but I'm clueless here :crazy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store