150 wood and glass tank build thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I'm sorry I have to laugh. One of our local personalities was down there watching one of the teams practice at camp and told a story about your news talking about the 50 degree weather. While I have sympathy that you guys aren't used to the cold I almost fell out of my vehicle driving when they said people were in winter parkas at 50 degrees. Thats T-Shirt weather around here.. :rofl:

And please I'm not laughing at you, but I did find it funny.

BTW very nice work.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
LMAO.. Its been in the 20's this week but a couple of weeks ago.. Negative 30+ with the wind chill.

You do know it gets so cold up here that we have heaters that are in the engine of our vehicles that we plug in so the babies start in the morning. :D

Cory Keeper

LED Guru of Aquaria Central
Aug 7, 2007
haha, I live in the upstate of South Carolina, you think 50 is cold? last night it got down to 19F at KGSP (airport, which I live 10 minutes away from), 50 would be like spring, lol.

Btw, concerning the cars, Heating the oil is great, but what about the battery? Cold is far far worse on the battery than it is the oil.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
haha, I live in the upstate of South Carolina, you think 50 is cold? last night it got down to 19F at KGSP (airport, which I live 10 minutes away from), 50 would be like spring, lol.

Btw, concerning the cars, Heating the oil is great, but what about the battery? Cold is far far worse on the battery than it is the oil.
No we don't use oil pan heaters, or at least the smart people don't. Its an engine block heater. I wouldn't heat a battery I would just ensure I have a cold climate battery that has 900 cold cranking amps.

Solastsummer

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
is there any online guides to building tanks like this, i havent been in the aquarium community for a long time and i have never heard of something like this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store