Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

[AC] RICKETS

I'm bad fo' yo' bones Yo!
Mar 11, 2008
ACville
[AC] Tree_Hugger;2751764 said:
Let's do this, there is a spell out there that can turn wing to a townie. Let's let hope that the warlock casts the spell on wing. So let's not burn wing and burn someone else. I think there is time to make that happen.
Pending verification from Lady G, this appears to be a suggestion that could drastically hurt the town.

[AC] Hammerhead 991;2751769 said:
The funny thing is that we had had this thought too. Coming from most anyone else, the idea would be highly suspect. But under the circumstances it has a lot of merrit. The town would have to go along with it, but I'm all for it at the moment. If any other townie's are against this plan, I hope they speak up.
Count me among those who are against the plan, Hammer. The idea is highly suspect and does not reflect well on the one who suggested it.

I know, I know.... Tree was instrumental in us burning Wiz. But other than their willingness to throw their boss under the bus, there's no other reason I can see for us to trust anyone other than Hammer 100%, not even Tree. Being the one to lead the charge against Wiz is what made Tree golden in the town's eyes. Based on previous game experience with players like Tree who post with the same level of expertise and can view long-term benefits from high risk tactics like this, it's not unthinkable they would be capable of that particular strategy. Ultimately, for the town to win we have to burn the last remaining witch. That means all it takes for the witches to win is to make that last surviving witch impossible to find.

Yes, Wiz was the high priest... but how do we know he was going to be able to play the whole game? This was the most inactive Wiz has ever been as evil. Losing their boss could have been something they anticipated and planned for in the scumden from the very start. I don't know, it just needs to be considered.

To be clear, I'm not using this possibility as reason to suspect Tree all of a sudden. The suggestion could have been just a mistake on his part. An innocent mistake, at that. We just really need to look at all possible outcomes.

That "insignificant risk" you mentioned before, Hammer, might not be so insignificant after all.

[AC] chupacabra

I is evil monstah!
Mar 7, 2008
Hunting... YOU
Real Name
Chupacabra del Gran
[AC] C-note;2751746 said:
To respond to your point. I did vote for tree after he voted for wiz. At the time I thought it was strange that tree would be poking at someone who wanted more posting in the thread. Lack of posting is generally a sign that the scum are having their way. I thought it was a weak reason to vote for wiz.
Fair enough, but your vote still looks like you hoped to direct attention off of wiz day one.

[AC] Hammerhead 991;2751751 said:
I haven't dropped Doom off my list totally. He has moved down quite a bit though. And he's posting enough content that I don't feel I need to try and put pressure on him to get more out of him. He's participating enough that if he's evil, it'll be found out soon enough.
I see. Good that you haven't named him a golden townie yet, that would be foolish.

[AC] Hammerhead 991;2751755 said:
I've been thinking a lot about something Wing said. "Is this really the best case out there?" or something along those lines. And when I looked at it honestly, I guess I have to say maybe, maybe not. To me it seems pretty strong, I can understand how other people would be dubious about it. So, in an atttempt to move past the questioning of Wing and on to hunting other suspects. And in an attempt to help the town redeem itself after a couple of bad games, I'm just going to come out and say it: I'm the herbalist. Wing is scum.
I hate Role Claiming, true or otherwise... in this case it wasn't needed, but too late now... I still think that we should all vote wing though, as there is currently no guarantee that the Warlock can (or will) use the turn on him. We should wait until LG returns and tells us if the Warlock is even capable of using the spell on Wing at this point.

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx;2751828 said:
I am still a little concerned by you Chupa - you have left me out and its a little surprising to me - I focused very closely on you before you made this post.
So you think I'm OMGUSY? Just because someone is riding my arse doesn't mean I'm going to vote them or build a case against them. The only case I can see on you is that you are warning the town not to let Wing get away, which could simply be an attempt at ensuring we don't gain numbers when/if Wing is turned.

[AC] RICKETS;2751844 said:
Pending verification from Lady G, this appears to be a suggestion that could drastically hurt the town.

Count me among those who are against the plan, Hammer. The idea is highly suspect and does not reflect well on the one who suggested it.

I know, I know.... Tree was instrumental in us burning Wiz. But other than their willingness to throw their boss under the bus, there's no other reason I can see for us to trust anyone other than Hammer 100%, not even Tree. Being the one to lead the charge against Wiz is what made Tree golden in the town's eyes. Based on previous game experience with players like Tree who post with the same level of expertise and can view long-term benefits from high risk tactics like this, it's not unthinkable they would be capable of that particular strategy. Ultimately, for the town to win we have to burn the last remaining witch. That means all it takes for the witches to win is to make that last surviving witch impossible to find.

Yes, Wiz was the high priest... but how do we know he was going to be able to play the whole game? This was the most inactive Wiz has ever been as evil. Losing their boss could have been something they anticipated and planned for in the scumden from the very start. I don't know, it just needs to be considered.

To be clear, I'm not using this possibility as reason to suspect Tree all of a sudden. The suggestion could have been just a mistake on his part. An innocent mistake, at that. We just really need to look at all possible outcomes.

That "insignificant risk" you mentioned before, Hammer, might not be so insignificant after all.
Nem, right here you worry me. You sling mud at Tree, the closest thing we have to a golden player beyond HH, and then say you aren't suspecting him much. Sounds to me like your trying to have us lose trust in Tree. While it isn't scummy on it's own, I am worried about this statement.

[AC] Tree_Hugger

There is unrest in the forest
Mar 4, 2008
ACville
[AC] Star-Crossed;2751674 said:
You've really got your hackles up, don't you Wing? Acting defensive doesn't do anything to make me think you are less scummy. In fact, you are responding like I would expect trapped scum to respond.

Are you wanting to turn into a townie? I guess that could work, not lynch you and have the warlock turn you into a townie. Kinda like pocket mafia for a night.

Do you think you will have time before nightfall to contribute more?
Ricketts, I am assuming you mean that you do not trust Star, since it was their idea. Have you even read the rules? The warlock is not a witch. The warlock has to cast spell #2 beginning day 4. It is not an option. The spell has not already been cast. Beginning is underlined in the rules. I am guessing that LG needs to make sure that the spell is not cast on someone that is not dead. The idea put out by star is excellent. I am surprised Hammer didn't suggest it. Also, I don't think the warlock should come out. We can only be sure that the warlock is not c-note. I also hope it is not you, Ricketts (I am fairly certain you are not, but hey this whole not knowing the rules could be an act). I think there has been plenty of time for the warlock to see the plan and to cast the spell on wing. They have to cast the spell on someone. Really, I think Star's suggestion makes it easier on the warlock. Explain again this plot of mine that has me as a witch. I swear the same argument can be made for hammer, besides that fact that I have place my head up hammers rear. Maybe I have manipulated hammer to think I am with him. The whole latching thing. Now that theory could make more sense than the crap you are putting out there.

[AC] Tree_Hugger

There is unrest in the forest
Mar 4, 2008
ACville
Chup, I think you have Rickets mixed up with Nem. I am very worried about Rickets statement as I think it is total fiction and an attempt to cast doubt on me.

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
[AC] Tree_Hugger;2751883 said:
Ricketts, I am assuming you mean that you do not trust Star, since it was their idea. Have you even read the rules? The warlock is not a witch. The warlock has to cast spell #2 beginning day 4. It is not an option. The spell has not already been cast. Beginning is underlined in the rules. I am guessing that LG needs to make sure that the spell is not cast on someone that is not dead. The idea put out by star is excellent. I am surprised Hammer didn't suggest it. Also, I don't think the warlock should come out. We can only be sure that the warlock is not c-note. I also hope it is not you, Ricketts (I am fairly certain you are not, but hey this whole not knowing the rules could be an act). I think there has been plenty of time for the warlock to see the plan and to cast the spell on wing. They have to cast the spell on someone. Really, I think Star's suggestion makes it easier on the warlock. Explain again this plot of mine that has me as a witch. I swear the same argument can be made for hammer, besides that fact that I have place my head up hammers rear. Maybe I have manipulated hammer to think I am with him. The whole latching thing. Now that theory could make more sense than the crap you are putting out there.
LMAO. Good to see you're not touchy!

sarcasmo-leonard_thumb.jpg

sarcasmo-leonard_thumb.jpg

[AC] RICKETS

Mar 11, 2008
ACville
For the record, Hammer, I'm 99% sure the warlock is counted as part of the town as others have pointed out. Nevertheless, I see no harm in asking to have the point confirmed.

[AC] scoop411

AC Members
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
Ricketts I find it incredibly hard to believe you didn't thoroughly read the rules and fully understand the timing of tomorrow's spell.

[AC] chupacabra

I is evil monstah!
Mar 7, 2008
Hunting... YOU
Real Name
Chupacabra del Gran
[AC] Tree_Hugger;2751888 said:
Chup, I think you have Rickets mixed up with Nem. I am very worried about Rickets statement as I think it is total fiction and an attempt to cast doubt on me.
*facepalms so massively he actually manages to leave a hand shaped mark on his forehead* I really managed to do that AGAIN? Good gods... Yes, I meant Rickets. I pulled Nem's name from the previous quote I think... but even I can't be sure of what's going on in my head :/

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
Rickets... Like I said last night. I've been over and over the possibilities. In my own head and in conversation with the prophet. Again, I understand your reluctance. In fact, there was a game where the suggestion of this very plan got me lynched as scum. That being said, this is the way forward. I firmly believe the warlock will use the spell appropriately, and yes, they can still use the spell on Wingnut. I appreciate looking at all angles and being careful, but the witches have no way to protect their own from the warlock spell other than killing him. For that to happen, they would have to know who it is, and the 50/50 would have to go their way. If teh prophet and I haven't figured out who he is, then I'm betting the scum haven't either. Like I said before, I firmly believe the chances of this plan failing are insignificant.

Chup... I'm sorry that you hate RC's but it is what it is. I'm also sorry that you believe it wasn't necessary, but it was. The warlock can use the spell on Wing. I don't understand where that question comes into it. The warlock has already used one spell today (day 3) and it looked to me to be the spell doubling a vote. That leaves the turn spell for after tonight's nightfall.

Townies, you trusted me on Wiz when you had absolutely no reason to, and we took out the boss. All I'm asking is to trust me here. This is the way to go. Nemesis is exactly right about the effect of turning a townie into a witch... it would make things 10x more difficult to find the last one. I believe in this plan. I know it goes against everything this game usually stands for not to vote for a confirmed scum, but this game is not the usual game.

[AC] Hammerhead 991

'tis a fair court...
Mar 20, 2008
ACville
I keep rereading and going over the cases. At this point I have to vote, and I may not get back before nightfall to change it...

I vote to burn Narwhal at the stake.

Have faith townies. We are in a really good position right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store