Firebellied toad question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Are you adding a declor to the water? The water water change itself is good as long as its dechlorinated first.

Do you run a filter?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
If you don't dechlorinate, it is a problem. It would also be better to run a filter or do a 50% water change instead. Amphibians can also be affected by the process of cycling aquariums.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
If you don't dechlorinate, it is a problem.
This remains to be seen, I have never used dechlor. If the op is on a well and doesn't have chlorine/chloramine in the water system the dechlor is pretty much a waste of money. Yes I know that many like prime render ammonia non-toxic but if water changes are kept up with ammonia shouldn't be a concern.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Thanks, I have city water so I will keep a bucket of water and age it for a week then when I add water I will get more water in the bucket so that way I can use fresh water without the chemicals.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ratumoko

AC Members
Aug 26, 2006
Western Colorado
Keeping a bucket of water for a day or more will allow chlorine to evaporate, however, many municipalities are using chloramine, which does not evaporate. Check with your water department. It is usually posted online.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Depends is your water source a private well or is it municipal?

I agree. That's the important question here.

Remember that all amphibians have very permeable skin so whatever is in it's environment has the ability of being absorbed. This could mean chemicals such as chlorine and fluorite in the water or household sprays/cleaners in the air.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store