wanted to get bubble tip or some kinds of anem,

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have a nice feather duster worm (actually I have about 7 (six were unintended hitchhikers and were very small)> I the one intentional is huge and such an amazing addition to my tank. Really pretty look at and and very fun to watch.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
sebeas'
i've read many things that differ, what the straight forward?
by the time he got done acclimating he was spreading out good and getting comfy,. just for me to take him out and put him in the tank,.
so he shrunk up,.. had to change a few rock around where i wanted him away from the powerheads,. the rock had no crannies, so i took one in front of p.h. and moved it over it had a nice hole with an arch,.. and i put him there so he could stuck his foot in it and he kinda sunk way in and puckered himself,..lol
wow after the main light went out and just antics on he looks like he melted into the rock doubled in size and tentacles getting longer and his mouth is oped big, so i just fed him again, put frozed adult brine shrimp in a pipette and squirted some in his mouth and he just finished swallowing it,..lol nature really weird,lol
100_1927.jpg
100_1928.jpg
any one see my astrea snail on top of rock above the sebea? he's incogneato, covered in some looks like lettuce algea

and the feather duster is great very happy and healthy i think i'll go and get the other one i guess i can place it under my own rock just to weight it down a wee bit,.. actually between 2 rocks in the cranny of them,..
well heres a few pics,..
he also had some din din got kent's phytoplex for him

100_1924.jpg

100_1925.jpg

100_1926.jpg

100_1927.jpg 100_1928.jpg 100_1924.jpg 100_1925.jpg 100_1926.jpg

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Also, that aneome looks severely bleached out. Sounds really good though that it attached to the rock quickly and is eating. Keep feeding it several times a day for a while to get some color back in it. Unfortunately though, I think the Sebae is one of the more light demanding anemones, and I don't think PC lights are going to cut it.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
HOLY BUBBLE ALGAE BATMAN!
yes they came with my lr,... i gave up on picking them out now i just do it to squirt my boy with them,,lol he likes to squeeze them into the trach can,..

what light can cut it? cheaply? they have those round mh used on cl but the guy that has them is the kind that want all his money back from them,. says he paid 500.00 for them new a few months ago what is a fair price for them now? i think he has 2,. i jsut need 1 over the anemone right? i want his set up but the guy thinks he got a stringer, but all he got a a broke housewife,..lol has 46bow/stand/ drilled sump everything for 300.00 way out of my luege,. or i can pick and choose,.

the one i left in the store was snow white this one had some color beige'ish
so i figured it was better than the others,. the bubble one was also snow white,..

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Ya, I have found the same thing at most of my LFS, anemone selection and health are always very low for some reason. Seems the best way to get a nice healthy anemone now a days is to find a local reefer who had one split and is selling it. Most of the time those are super colorful and healthy anemones compared to the ones you see in stores. A white bubble tip.. unless it was a condy, which are white, I think a white bubble tip would mean a completely bleached bubble tip because I have never heard of a healthy white BTA.

You can get a light much cheaper than even $250, especially used, that would work for you. Someone else can chime in with light suggestions while I go look for some options.

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
I'd be willing to try shipping them, have not done that before. Would require some instructions. I'd rather not start having to kill them :(

Digicam broke, but I got a brand new one coming in the mail right now. Soon as I get it I will post some pictures.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
dilemma, the store will take it back and give$ back but

do i return it to die, or should i keep it to find it a good home?

it seems so happy here, a lot better than there,.. its only been24 hours but i'm already attached,..
God i hate this, i can't afford the lights it needs,.
but i have more than the stor has, and i feed it ,.. just got done eating mysis shrimp for the first time, lfs said its better than brine, which i knew but it was so sick and week i wanted itto eat something small,

anyone want a sebea for what i've paid for it? so i can get a b,tip?

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
does he look any better hes ate 3x so far today,..

100_1965.jpg

100_1966.jpg

100_1967.jpg

he's wiggled a bit but has stayed put,.. and is acting and reacting more now,..

100_1965.jpg 100_1966.jpg 100_1967.jpg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store