Sabae Anemone won't take hold with his foot?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leocom2000

AC Members
Dec 27, 2007
If he is accepting food, then he is probably going to be OK. Do you have any pictures? Maybe let it be for a little longer and it should adjust and attach.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
But is it keeping food down? Generally anemones that don't settle and attach properly won't do well in the long term. That's usually the first and most important condition to meet for these animals before anything else can happen. Just make sure it is keeping food down and that it isn't disturbed in the meantime. All you can do besides that is observe and be patient.

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
No, I meant food. The foot portion was mentioned along with attachment. Food egestion is mostly what I was talking about and to observe for that kind of behavior.

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
Well i haven't seen him spit any food up and i've been watching him for at least a half hour for feedings. I also check on him periodically through the day.

However, this morning I found him upside down in his cup... Since the Clarkii's can't get to him I assume he made this move on his own. His foot was flat against the mesh and he was partially closed. Not a good sign at all... I'm becoming very worried that I won't be able to help him :(

He's right side up again now, but his foot remains unplanted. He's kind've a little tumble weed.

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
I think it's over :( He threw up his guts today and smelled of dead fish. I'm so sad to lose him. I thought I had taken all the right steps to ensure I purchased a healthy specimen. Is it possible I overfed him? Poor thing, I feel so terrible. Worst day ever.

Amphiprion

Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I think it's over :( He threw up his guts today and smelled of dead fish. I'm so sad to lose him. I thought I had taken all the right steps to ensure I purchased a healthy specimen. Is it possible I overfed him? Poor thing, I feel so terrible. Worst day ever.
Don't be too hard on yourself. You took all the appropriate steps. These are just difficult animals from the start--not because they are difficult in general, but because their initial appearance can belie their true condition. That and the fact that most are in poor health from the very start.

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
:( That's so sad about your little fella not making it but even to my inexperienced ears and all the resposes you received, it sure sounded like you did everything you could possibly do!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store