Jay's Planted 180g Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
You know, Tom says many plants like CO2 more than any other param variable. Maybe that's true for buccies? They're slow(ish) growers very like anubias--oh wait, your anubias grow pretty fast, lol. It was interesting to see his tanks & learn from "a master", his bonsai trees & outdoor emersed HC were also amazing!
Yeah Anubias grow like mad in my tank but I don't want to give all the buces in my 180g a bad wrap I've been able to split these and grow them pretty well. Someone suggest growing them emersed let them establish roots and then transition a bigger larger plant to submersed but I suspect melting would be an issue. (kinda like the plants I bought not all were submersed growth.) I'll have to see if I make that effort.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well I tackled that gaping hole left behind when shuffling plants the last go around at the moment it's at it's best from what it has been the last few weeks so I'm happy.

Now I just need to sell off the L. glandulosa before it grows out of the tank which is only being managed by the long tweezers things at the moment.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Wow, that looks great! ...OK, nitpicking, lol, I find the magenta next to the red a tiny bit clashing
Thanks, Yeah that's stating the obvious for sure. The A. reneikii has been moving itself slowly towards the middle of the tank as new growth on the left while the stems on right rot. It's interesting to watch happen naturally since the middle of the tank has more light than the ends it makes sense to me I guess.

The L. glandulosa has been moved around a few times and I'm selling most of it off and I can move it further to the left but the driftwood piece in the center isn't complete anyway. There's a huge gaping space behind it with small stems I'll see how that fills the space as I propagate it or I'll be trying something new just not sure what.

My new buces have new growth but it is to early to tell if they'll really take off but that's what I might be wrapping the center driftwood with or at least part of it not sure. I maybe also thinning the nana on the driftwood on the right as I'm getting a little bored with it.

This tank is always a work in progress =)

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well this is going to be the scape for now no more changes just need a few new species to grow and fill in the background. They're so small you can't even make them out them out in the picture otherwise it's a healthy planted tank so no complaints. =)

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Wow, Ive never really given this thread a close look. That is an incredible tank Jay! truly awesome!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store