Some of my Photography work...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I thought I detected a quality sensor. You put it to good use as well.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Beautiful shots, bruv. Methinks you have a calling.

Mark

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I really need some better lenses... Love the shots, although (i gotta say) i'm not crazy about the effect applied to the waterfalls...
What effect? All I can really see (other than normal post-processing) is a long exposure shot.

But great shots Niko!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
put your camera on a tripod, point it at fast moving, turbulent water. use shutter priority or manual modes to get shutter speed to a couple of seconds to start with, if in manual mode, change aperture and ISO accordingly. (You should be able to get decent results hand holding the camera, but nothing to this level.)

Shoot in raw in case you need to lighten or darken the pic (difficult to get good metering from reflections on water)

and just take some pics. change the shutter speed up and down just to see how it affects the final result. The smoothness you see is from the water never taking the same path. I don't have any pics to share to hand, or I'd let you know the settings I've used

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I thought I detected a quality sensor. You put it to good use as well.
Thank you very much for saying that...I do work it hard, I have to admit..I know what the sensor can do so I push it...The low light capabilities of the camera amaze me...Can have so much fun in pitch black dark, seeing the actual light it picks up...

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
put your camera on a tripod, point it at fast moving, turbulent water. use shutter priority or manual modes to get shutter speed to a couple of seconds to start with, if in manual mode, change aperture and ISO accordingly. (You should be able to get decent results hand holding the camera, but nothing to this level.)

Shoot in raw in case you need to lighten or darken the pic (difficult to get good metering from reflections on water)

and just take some pics. change the shutter speed up and down just to see how it affects the final result. The smoothness you see is from the water never taking the same path. I don't have any pics to share to hand, or I'd let you know the settings I've used

Spot on...That waterfall shot was about 4 minutes exposure to get the real milky smooth water flow..By adding Neutral Density filters to the camera you can REALLY slow the shutter down and get very long exposures :)

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
only negative i have to say is there are no what spots....

i personally like the old car in the field or the church with all the light coming though the window... both of which were not posted here you have to go on facebook to see them.
Huh??? lol.....thanks mate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store