Pictures of my new Lamprologus Ocellatus Gold!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Everyone made it through the first night! No injuries on any of the occies or the rainbows. Its all going swimmingly so far.

My boyfriend has named the occies with numbers depending on size. So the biggest one is #1, and the smallest is #7. #7 is the only one I've seen use the "bulldozer" technique so far. She has picked a shell right near the front of the middle of the tank. #6 has picked the shell closest to #7's. #4 (smallest of what I think are the 4 males) has decided that it is his job to oversee #6 and #7 and spends most of his time hanging out with them and inspecting their shells. #1 Has picked the entire right third of the tank and shells as his own. He's the macho man and doesnt tolerate any kind of fighting or displaying anywhere near his area. Other than that he is pretty calm and doesnt go bugging anyone else or picking on anyone. #2 and #3 have been arguing over who gets the left third of the tank. They do the most displaying. They got into quite the scuffle before, which prompted #1 to come over and settle it. They're all pretty submissive to him when he gets serious and the "fight" ended pretty quickly after that. Then #1 swam the entire length of the tank a few times with all his fins and gills flared out as if to parade his awesomeness. #5, which is either a larger female or the smallest male (leaning towards female, just based on size and temperament) has been stalking #7's shell and really doesnt like it when #7 gets chummy with #4. Not sure why.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Where did you get those shells?
I was going to ask the same thing, they're so much nicer then the
escargo shells I've seen.

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
They are silver mouth turbos and I got them here: http://www.cichlidbreeding.com/products.php?cat=10 They have tons of pretty different shells on this website. Shipping was fast and the guy was really easy to deal with. He also sent a few extras in case of breakage during shipping, which is really nice.

I chose them because they are very similar to the shells that they have in lake tangyanika but are way prettier. They are, however, pretty heavy, so my occies cant move them around like they please.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store