Positioning of filter and tubes?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
Heya!! I have an AC70 filter and an Aquatop cf400 but there always seems to be very small particles floating in my tank. Can ya'll tell me if I have my tubes set up the right way or how I should have the filters set up? My fish and I would appreciate it :)
Thanks!

FISH TANK.JPG

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Nice looking tank!

In regards to your suction and discharge locations, that's the way most of us do it; Suction and discharge at opposite ends of the tank, for maximum circulation. A healthy, stocked tank is always going to get some debris stirred-up by the inhabitants.

Obviously you don't have a choice with a hang-on-back, they're fixed.

FWIW, my 55g mish-mash planted community tank is setup like yours, except I've got a small Sunsun 302 canister and two AC70s right next to each other. Doing over, I'd have one larger canister on it and maybe a big sponge bubbler as backup.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Finer media?

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
Thanks for the info. I noticed when I get home in the afternoon from work the fish are a lot calmer and not so much stuff in the water. I guess just stuff is being kicked up. I'll try some different media also and see what happens. Thanks again!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I see you've got a bubble-bar suctioned to the back. If you don't mind the look of a sponge-bubbler, might as well use the air pump for both bubbles and filtration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store