NEW FISH~Pelviachromis taeniatus"Moliwe"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Well, I am in Minneapolis/St. Paul til tomorrow, but here are a couple of picks from the weekend..
momma and the kids, they are already coloring up!!:grinno:
PB270203.JPG
Here one of poppa. He has that "mess with my kids and I'll:nutkick:" look.
PB220184.JPG
I need a better camera though, x-mas is coming.

PB270203.JPG PB220184.JPG

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I had to google that Rockhoe14er. The drink or the gypsy tears to prevent std's? I hope you aren't refering to "gypsy tear"!!!!! UMMMMMM...... the kind of thing you might see in one of those " bow-chicka-bow-wow" movies. Or as we call them"brown chicken, brown cow". That came up too when I googled it. If so .......Houston we have a problem!:nono::screwy::jaw-dropping::nono::crazy::yuck::barf:

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
I had to google that Rockhoe14er. The drink or the gypsy tears to prevent std's? I hope you aren't refering to "gypsy tear"!!!!! UMMMMMM...... the kind of thing you might see in one of those " bow-chicka-bow-wow" movies. Or as we call them"brown chicken, brown cow". That came up too when I googled it. If so .......Houston we have a problem!:nono::screwy::jaw-dropping::nono::crazy::yuck::barf:

I probably shouldn't have googled that while drinking coke. It nearly came out through my nose.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Got back from MN. yesterday and went and looked into the 20 to find the dom. female in a corner protecting two fry! the rest are gone. This morning there were zero left. I knew I should have removed them:wall:. Not only that but the dom. male was getting cozy with the other female:nono:. This afternoon I found eggs from her on the other side of the tank. I guess he jumped ship for the other female now. :thud: I think I need to get the other two out now. I know what I am doing tomorrow. At least I got my 55 up tonight so I can clear out my 30 and put a 15 up temporarily. Will probably put a 10 up next to it for the fry.

No pics as the eggs were laid in a hard to see spot.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Another update(new episode in soap opera):
Well, my male and sub f laid eggs and I went out of town for work for 2 days only to come home and find all the eggs gone........again. Rabble,rabble, blah,blah,blah!
On the bright side though, the subf (now dominant f??) is getting fat and coloring up ..........AGAIN!!! So I hope she will lay again soon and I don't have to leave for a couple weeks. If that is the case, I have a breeder net ready for eggs/wigglers, an air pump ready and some dw with java moss to put in the breeder net. If I see wigglers this time, they are getting seperated.
As soon as I get plants in and my dw sunk for my 55, I will be tearing the 30 down and setting up a 10 and 15 on that stand. One tank will be for fry, the other will house the other two P. taeniatus til I can prove or sell them.
Also, another bright note is that the 20 long that has the 2 pairs are in is growing out nicely with lots of plant growth and a huge reduction in algae due to the addition of ferts, trimming, less lights "on time" and keeping up with the DIY CO2. I could split all my anubias' in at least 2 and my needle leaf java fern is sprouting plants on the leaves of existing plants.
Hopefully, my next post will contain good news for these fishies and their offspring. Wish me(them) luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store