Squirrel Gardens & Veggie Problems... oh wait, reverse that LOL

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady Ns

Critter Crazy
Sep 27, 2007
Australia
Real Name
Phae
Just a suggestion that a friend popped in, but her aunt had a similar problem so she started to mix ferret faeces into her garden as a fertiliser & she never had a rodent come near her veggie patch for many years apparently. It wasn't intentional, I can't remember the full story as to the reason why she started that, but it seems they don't like the smell much of fanged horrors.

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
Just a suggestion that a friend popped in, but her aunt had a similar problem so she started to mix ferret faeces into her garden as a fertiliser & she never had a rodent come near her veggie patch for many years apparently. It wasn't intentional, I can't remember the full story as to the reason why she started that, but it seems they don't like the smell much of fanged horrors.
:laugh: Too funny!! That's the perfect name for them, I think. I always wondered why people kept them as pets. They have a really strong unpleasant smell and totally vicious looking teeth, yet they are still cute and entertaining. :D

LiveMermaid07

Bloody Mary. As in, hand me one.
Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
Thanks for all the ideas!

I was about to ask my sis for a bag of ferret poo the next time she comes over... but the Lady didn't like that idea, LOL.

A skunk would be so cool... heehee. I think I knew someone who had one for a pet once, she had it 'depued'. I suppose it would have to be after the one cat nearly got peed on by the dog, lol. (the dog died, but he was to old to scare squirrels anymore, poor baby. it was right after grandpa died too. :( )

Thanks! :)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I have a Schnauzer, he killed 7 squirrels one year that I know of.
My Aussie Shepherd has got 4 already this season. She figured out that they go after the new shoots and she lays behind a tomato planter and waits on them.

Mark

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
My Aussie Shepherd has got 4 already this season. She figured out that they go after the new shoots and she lays behind a tomato planter and waits on them.

Mark
Too cute! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store