Otocinclus Cocama - A Zebra's Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Update 13-Oct-2011

Ok, dealt with another surprise today. Got home today with two boxes waiting on me. Odd, I only ordered one plant package so was only expecting one box. Opened the first one and it was the plants.

On to the second box. The sender had my name and addy on it as well for the recipient was me too. No other markings on it. Ooooooooooook.

Opened the box to a small note inside. "Here's a couple guys to get you started again. Thanks for all you are doing with the Otos and Shrimp." Signed.....Annonymous Fish Fan.

Removed the styrofoam top and foam padding to find a bag. Inside the bag where (2) nice little O. Cocama boys!

I'm speechless at this and don't know who to thank. So whoever you are....Thank You Very Much!! That truely was a Random Act Of Kindness.

Little guys are acclimating as I type.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
What a great ending, although that is so sad about your tank disaster :( I worry about things like that happening all the time.

Might want to start a new thread for the new tank? :)

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
I have placed an order for some more Cocama's. They should be here sometime this week. {crosses fingers that there will be at least one lady in the bunch} :)

The two guys are still doing well. They are literally piglets; can go through a slice of zucchini in just over a day.

Going to look at changing the some the scape around a bit. Not too increadibly happy with how it's growing so we'll see. May just have to work with what I have at the moment as shipping plants this time of year isn't all that great.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
New guys (and hopefully gals too) arrived and acclimated just fine. These ones have a different look then the ones I've had in the past and the two that are currently in the tank. They have big black and white bands and the white portion is bright. Very beautiful little guys. I'll snap a couple pics and get them posted up. They are already eating zucchini and cruising the tank very actively.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
That is awesome indeed. I saw him post over on Planet Catfish as well. Now to duplicate the efforts on this side of the world. :)

sailedNJ

marine biologist & architect
Jan 9, 2011
New Jersey, USA
Real Name
Art Vandelay
New guys (and hopefully gals too) arrived and acclimated just fine. These ones have a different look then the ones I've had in the past and the two that are currently in the tank. They have big black and white bands and the white portion is bright. Very beautiful little guys. I'll snap a couple pics and get them posted up. They are already eating zucchini and cruising the tank very actively.
Sweet :thumbsup: I hope you have a female or two in the bunch too. Keep us posted when you observe any "frisky" business ;) & post pics please!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
And finally a descent shot of the new Cocamas:

You can see how these guys have a broader striped pattern than the others.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store