New addition

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
They are all buddies! The tank is a 6' 125 gallon. I'm not sure what the red macro is. It grew in another tank I have and thought it would look cool in the 125!
I will say you are as bold as Im by adding one surgeon at a time.:)

Although tank is large, Buddies may not buddies for long as situation changes.

If that is red macro, although nice, may not last for long in that tank when you keep adding surgeons, even before next additions..
Perhaps should moved back to its first tank as red macro may not be readily avail (at least when i was submerged in reef tanks:)) and until more pops up in its first tank.:thumbsup:
It may take long long time for macro to sexually reproduce, if at all, but seen some macro offsprings pop up after parent was long long gone (6 months to year later), even on filter pad of HOB.

Hope you have enough Nori avail.

Last edited:

Cheetos

AC Members
Jan 29, 2011
I will say you are as bold as Im by adding one surgeon at a time.:)

Although tank is large, Buddies may not buddies for long as situation changes.

If that is red macro, although nice, may not last for long in that tank when you keep adding surgeons, even before next additions..
Perhaps should moved back to its first tank as red macro may not be readily avail (at least when i was submerged in reef tanks:)) and until more pops up in its first tank.:thumbsup:
It may take long long time for macro to sexually reproduce, if at all, but seen some macro offsprings pop up after parent was long long gone (6 months to year later), even on filter pad of HOB.

Hope you have enough Nori avail.
I think this will probably be it for the surgeons and I'm am hoping they will stay buddies! As for the red macro it grew pretty fast and I have some more growing in my other tank so I'm not too worried about it if they decide to eat it or if it just dies off. I just ordered 100 sheets from noridirect!

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
I think this will probably be it for the surgeons and I'm am hoping they will stay buddies! As for the red macro it grew pretty fast and I have some more growing in my other tank so I'm not too worried about it if they decide to eat it or if it just dies off. I just ordered 100 sheets from noridirect!
Only Two surgeons. Hope they stay buddies as it is not entirely impossible.

Pics/Vid of other tanks possible?

Hope you order non salted ones:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store