Majano Anemones

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bdavis27701

AC Members
Sep 28, 2006
N.E. Ohio
They are fine for non-coral tanks.

They are great for FOWLR.
Thats why I put one in my mantis tank but it hasn't spread. The guy I got it from, had one in his tank and now they are covering all of his rocks. It looks different and pretty neat for a non-coral tank, instead of looking at plain rocks.

fastbackgly

Molecular Cell Biology Major
Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yeah, they are pretty interesting little guys. But they dim the light in my tank. The brown pigment sucks up a lot of the blue wavelengths and the tank is left with an orangy/yellowy color. I didn't know that could happen. Since killing some of them off, the color has gotten more blue.

Joe's juice is NOT Kalk. At least not real kalk. They have much different ingredients.

I can't remove any rock because coral is encrusted on all of it and across different rocks. I'm having success with scissors right now. Ha. I chop them off and then siphon them out and do a water change. This weekend I'm going to pick up some hypodermic needles and pump some boiling freshwater into them and see what happens. I hear it works pretty decent.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Everything I've heard about it, is it's just kalk bottled with a fancy name on it, to make some good $$$. I'm thinking of bottling Vit C & calling it "Pufferpunk's Miracle Zoanthid Cure & All Around Coral Enhancer"!

fastbackgly

Molecular Cell Biology Major
Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
That's brilliant!

I'll bottle RO freshwater and sell it as the "Ultimate Top Off Solution."

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
That looks like some sort of Protopaly. Maybe even Grandis.

sapgranth25

AC Members
May 25, 2006
Sheffield uk
well i re-ordered some joe`s juice & each day i treat a fair few majanos & so far there not returning & the treatment is a very easy process i fell that this is the best way to rid the tank of theses pest or to use kalk paste......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store