The start of my fish room, woot!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
I do not mean to rain on your parade, but, I have to offer you some thoughts.

Looking at the left corner I can see what could lead to a huge issue with the structural integrity of your bulding. that corner block has been cut and so the block itself has lost it pupose for which it is designed.

Where is the mortar between the blocks? Also those blocks are not centered properly. I really hope the load bearing ability of those cindercrete blocks does not comprimise on you when you get that room filled up with tanks.

edit: though I will have to read the thread to see what might have been posted about how ya was going to build it

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
I understand everything you are saying.

The blocks are filled with concrete. The cracks in the blocks that you can see will be filled with mortar, just have not done that yet. So no cracks will be seen but again all blocks have been filled to the top with concrete and steel rods ran through them into the ground.

We done the foundation the same why the guy that was hired to do the foundation to our barn. The barn was leaning, the guy came in, jacked it up and done the foundation in the same way. It's been 5+ years since that has been done. Barn foundation holding well, and would have to with the hundreds and hundreds of hay that is in it each year.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Looking good!! I am sooooo jealous!!! What are you planning to breed in those lovely tanks?

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Looking good!! I am sooooo jealous!!! What are you planning to breed in those lovely tanks?
A little bit of everything. lol.. I'm going to work with Angels, Rams, Inverts, livebearer, may try killies, dwarf apistos. One side of the room will have my tanks for breeders, the back and the other side I'll going to buy from a wholesale dealer and sale. Or import if I can find a place that I can import from.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Cool!! You are living a dream!! Can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. Please keep the updates coming!

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
That makes sense kind of like doin a cement tube for the pilon except the paper is replaced by a block.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
It has rained last night. Don't know if the hubby and my father-in-law or my dad will be working on it today. They have some more rafters to place up before they lay the OBS on top for the roof.

As long as it doesn't rain anymore they may at least get the last rafters up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store