FINALLY!---- i got my black clowns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
i thought I'd never find them, not exactly what i wanted but I'm happy,

they were expensive, and they were mis barred, but its better than paying excessive shipping,

boy they were $59.99 bucks each, but got for $110 a pair, wow such a bargan,..lol but i have them,... tanks been up since may with little to look at so at least they are a bit more fun than crabs and snails....lol

go to the link in my signature of photobucket to view 2 more clips of them,..

i got some live brine shrimp at the same time so that is what's floating by now and then and they are trying to catch them, they ate good, and they were only in the tank about 5 minutes when i took this video

Last edited:

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
hey are these guys supposed to be hyper?

at first i thought the black faced one was ok and the orange faced one was a little slow but today it seems the black faced one is still zooming back and forth the lenght of the tank and never slows down and the ornge faced one is just chilling and going here and there,.. kinda like cool dude, ....lol

they are the same way in the video, i figured he'd start to chill after their overnight sleep,..
but after the lights came on he/she was at it again..

i would have had them 24 hours at around 5pm today,..

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
lol mine hyper too! i would have sold you mine for that price!!!!

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
very cute

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Wow, they are tooo cute. I am glad that you finally got you some Salty Clowns. LOL.
yeah, i was sooo wanting them when you posted that before and i jumped on it,..especialy sine you said that they were like nemo with a little finn...lol

but on line they were almost fifty plus 90.?? in shipping,.. so i really didn't have much of a choice,..
other than to do without,..

i love my little guy/gals..

i have heard it both ways, that their face turns black with age, but then the guy at the lfs said that his was black early and turned orange??????

there was a tiny one in the tank that was jet black but it didn't look well,..kinda poorish,.. the rest were zooming around the tank,.. and they were in a 10 or 15 gallon tank at the store, about 15 of them,!

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
I've got those. They're black ocellaris clowns. The orange will go away with time. When they are young they look like any other ocellaris (orange and white) but as they get older they will become the black and white. The ones you have are nice though. Mine are misbars though =(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store