Cheech's 90 g. build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Here are a few updated pictures of where I'm at.

The move was successful (so far). I installed the RODI unit which will be connected to my sump with an auto topoff.

Currently I have all my fish in the red bin. These include a sailfin tang, a foxface, 6line, and a damsel.

During the move, one of the lobster's claws tore off, and a peppermint shrimp died.

besides that everything went OK..

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I spent the most part of the day working on the drain. The setup is almost complete. My good friend Raimo was a HUGE help in setting all of this up. (he has a blog: raysreef.ca if anyone's interested)

Next on the list:

- replace the return tubing to hard pvc tubing.

- I need to build a stand for my skimmer,

- run the tank with vinegar and water for a day to get rid of whatever crap may be in there.

Here are some pics:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Very nice! It is going to be so nice to work on your sump so easily when it is all up and running and have a beautiful display tank in the house without any clutter.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Did the drain work out okay (seems to be in the pic)? It looks like you may have lowered things a bit from what it looks like...

Looks great, btw!

duneenworywifit

AC Members
Jul 23, 2007
I really like the drain youve got goin on there!I was thinking about raising my sump off the floor too.I bend over everytime I go to the pet store,you shouldnt have to do it at home..very nice!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Very nice! It is going to be so nice to work on your sump so easily when it is all up and running and have a beautiful display tank in the house without any clutter.
Thanks Ace, it'll be a huge help.

Did the drain work out okay (seems to be in the pic)? It looks like you may have lowered things a bit from what it looks like...

Looks great, btw!
Thanks Amphi! The drain is working out fine. I used 1-1/2" tubing, and it seems like it can't handle the water flow. (At full flow, the pump seems to be pushing more water than the drain can handle..) It still flows, however, I get a pushback, creating a wave effect. I might keep it this way, as it creates extra water volume. My only issue right now is trying to figure out how to reduce noise in the display tank. Any ideas?

I changed the drain a little bit from the original design. When draining into the 45, I added a removable fitting so I can drain anything that may get swallowed into the drain. Also, the garage is 2-1/2"

I really like the drain youve got goin on there!I was thinking about raising my sump off the floor too.I bend over everytime I go to the pet store,you shouldnt have to do it at home..very nice!
Thank you, the added height does make things a little more comfy.

Here's a video where you can see the max flow, and the siphoning action it does because the pump is a little too strong:

[YT]5zHM1DXaY-0[/YT]

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Yesterday night I replaced the return with PVC piping. I added a T so one end goes back to the sump area and the other to the main tank.

Skimmer's in place, now I'm preparing water for the main tank.. I'm hoping to place my rocks in there by tomorrow evening.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store