55 gallon build/journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
aww now he's laying on his side and stuff. he wasnt acting like this in quarentine. heres a pic of him and the tank. maybe i should start a thread about him.

i think he might just be trying to hide and he cant find anywhere big enough to hide so when i get home from getting my cast off ill rescape to make caves that he can fit in. ill probably be getting the 6 cherry barbs this weekend and they'll get a 1 week quarentine. i still need to know can i do an all male cherry barbs school?
here's the tank

also the tank isnt level, how can i make it level and will i need to drain the whole tank to do it?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i ended up getting 3 cherry barbs(all they had), and an angelfish. the angelfish has some realy cool coloring. its kinda yellow with like splotches almost and a really pretty back fin. so now ill have the money to get some driftwood and make the tank look really good. oh and can the angelfish and cherry barbs quarentine together or can a 10 gallon tank stay on the floor for a week?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
uhoh. im out of dechlorinator for the quarentine. i could put them in the bp's old quarentine, but its probably got high nitrates and i cant do a water change. i used almost enough dechlorinator for the 10 gallon but i dont know if its safe or not. also can i use a 30-60 heater on a 20 gal?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I *think* that by bringing it to a roiling boil, and then refridgerating could work. I've also heard that leaving the water out overnight will eliminate the chlorine, I have no idea weather this is true or not...

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Run and pick up some declorinator! I wouldnt put a fish tank on the floor. Do you have a sturdy dresser or something you could put it on?

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I don't see a problem with putting the tank on the floor, I believe that FF has done this before (I'd shoot him a PM to see how it worked out). I don't think that the tank will look nice on the floor, but for a temporary QT it shouldn't be a problem.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
AAF you obviously should make the tank livable and get the inhabitants squared away first, but some anubias would look nice on those rocks! I found some at Petsmart for a pretty low price, they were in the dry tube container thingys. (Read the label, it says wether they are anubias or something else) So far mine have done great, I rubber band then to decorations and then remove the bands after they've become attached on their own.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i believe FF had it on tile. this would be carpet. i think im just gonna put them together since i have the quarentine ready on my dresser, and i just got the dechlorinator so heres the fish quarentining. if anybody can tell me what kind of angelfish i got thatd be great.

i might be taking him back for a different angel but i really like him. just depends on what i see this weekend, and how well he colors up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store