Mafia Games....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
I think that the repeat UD should sit out a couple of games is an excellent idea. I mean yes things happen in RL that you can't control so if you PM the Mod fine but if you keep signing up and then UD definatley sit out and let those who really want to play have a chance.

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
I like the idea (i think it was JM's) that if you die a UD, you are ineligable to play in the next round. If I were in charge, it would be a three game penalty. Harsh??? I don't think so. The game is a commitment. Either go away and don't play anymore or get serious and play. I would rather play with less players that are committed to play than more that aren't.

I don't consider a PM to the moderator to excuse yourself from the game a UD. Real life happens. A UD is like what KOTD does, looks at his pm and says "Blah innocent", then doesn't bother to play anymore. Poor sportsmanship.

I don't agree with being to forced to vote directly after nightfall (although that's what I do, and I recommend others do it as well.)

I died a UD once, because RL issues prevented me from getting home to vote.

Another time, I was waiting to vote and suddenly, around 7:30, the internet crashed. Luckily I was able to resolve the issue quickly, or I would have died a second UD.

Just as going invisible is often recommended to the newbs, I recommend each player place a vote immediately after nightfall to avoid these scenarios

LOL, you people are hilarious..i've never said "blah, innocent"...:D..i've played MANY of these games, from the first, to game 18(i think..) many which i have helped the "town" win..and came **** close to a win with the best mafia team ever. 3 UD's 2 when my grandfather was dieing, and one last game..just didn't have time..but i am not going to apologize...this is just a game...:)

your sour because i chose my real life, instead of rushing here to post every 5 seconds.

i most likely will not be playing anymore as i am quite bored with it, and with some people of this forum...i'm done here..i'll be on MFK ;)

Swayde

AC Members
Mar 12, 2007
Florida
It is just a game...so why anyone would keep signing up if their life isn't condusive to playing it is a bit of a mystery.

Aside from having people who die off due to UD without notifying the mod sit out a game or so, maybe we can have some alternate players too. I missed the last 2 games because the sign-ups lasted less than 24 hours and I just never saw them in time, but I could have easily filled in for someone unable to play and would have loved to in fact. That way if RL does rear it's ugly head and intrude on people's game time they can gracefully bow out with the mod and someone else can fill their role shoes so that the game can continue with minimal interruptions.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Aside from having people who die off due to UD without notifying the mod sit out a game or so, maybe we can have some alternate players too. I missed the last 2 games because the sign-ups lasted less than 24 hours and I just never saw them in time, but I could have easily filled in for someone unable to play and would have loved to in fact. That way if RL does rear it's ugly head and intrude on people's game time they can gracefully bow out with the mod and someone else can fill their role shoes so that the game can continue with minimal interruptions.
GREAT idea Swayde!!!:iagree:

plantling

One bulwet left!
Feb 10, 2007
South Carolina
Wow, good idea, Swayde. That way pple w/roles can bow out in an emergency and their team mates won't be left high and dry or role switching with current players wouldn't have to occur. Sorry you've missed out on some games. Your serial killer game sounds fun, hope my schedule let's me play.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Well I decided to put together my outline for the game I want to mod at some point this winter...here it is, comments and suggestions are welcome. I personally am struggling with the idea that it may be too hard for the evils but we'll see. I hope you dont mind that I stole some of your stuff rb...

Mafia # – Cabin Fever -- The Play

Game Mechanics

1) Each game day, everyone in the cabin has to vote to eliminate someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to lynch so and so.

a. You must vote each day, but you cannot vote for No One, or yourself!!! If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely death.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. (I retract my vote on XXXX, and vote to eliminate XXX)

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

2) Whoever has the most votes gets eliminated. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched.
a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Town Elimination
Doctor’s Protection
Madman’s Murder
Detective’s Investigation
Untimely Deaths

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use the random generator to decide which of those gets eliminated.

3) If you do not vote daily, then you will pass away from some strange (probably embarrassing) illness that I will give you.

4) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ.

5) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

7) The Madman and his accomplice win, when they outnumber the Innocents.

8) The Innocents win if they lynch the Madman or the accomplice.

9) If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all, I'll post it.

10) No one, unless authorized to do so, are to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room.

11) Do not edit your posts!

12) NO AFTER DEATH POSTS!

The players are the Townies in the great City of ACville who have been stranded inside the old ACville Motel by a large winter storm. Cabin fever begins to take hold and, as someone begins to pick them off, they will turn on one another.

The Doctor...has the ability to protect one person each game night, if that person is on a hit list as they cannot protect an elimination. They do this by sending me a PM at game nightfall on who is to be protected that night. Be sure to protect the right person, Doctor! The Doctor can't protect themselves.

The Detective...investigates the motel residents to confirm identities. The Detective can do one investigation each game night by PM to me and I will confirm the identity. When he finds the Doctor, they can communicate.

The Madman…a crazed serial killer in hiding has been residing in the Acville Motel for some time now, unnoticed by innocent townies. By pure luck he has found a gold mine of innocent people at his disposal. The madman will choose an innocent each night by PM to murder, by nightfall. They will only be able to choose one resident each night. They may communicate with their accomplice.

The Accomplice…the madman will be able to choose immediately who they would like as their accomplice as soon as they receive their PM from me revealing their role. The accomplice is in it for their own life, but in return they must watch out for any townie who may happen to stumble upon the murder. For three nights, the accomplice may choose one person to investigate and relay the information to the Madman which may or may not influence their murder choice. However, on these three nights, because no one will be on watch duty, no murder will take place. The accomplice may communicate with the murderer.

The Bellhop…has three mysterious suitcases that were left at the motel some time ago. He has been trying to get rid of him but does not want to go searching within the bags to find out who they may belong to. So instead, on nights 2, 3, and 4 the bellhop will deliver a suitcase to a resident. One suitcase will reveal an identity to a random innocent. Another will nullify the night’s elimination. The last will result in a failed murder by the Madman. The outcomes of each suitcase will be determined at random by me so the bellhop has no control over what each night’s suitcase will result in.

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread. IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. IN THE GAME. Do not take anything personally or make ANY personal attacks."

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Thought about maybe adding another twist...

The mafia Don...has been in hiding for a while now as well after being rooted out by the townies. Trying to blend in as well they have hopped around town from motel to motel. It just so happens that they are trapped inside the ACville Motel as well, though he figures that he is safe for the time being. The madman does not dare lay a finger on the Don else he risk his own life. Through their connections, the mafia Don also knows the identity of the madman and will be provided that info via my PM. After night 2, they will also be given the name of the accomplice. However, the Don is not in the game for the town, their job is to make it until the end of the game therefore it is not necessarily in their best interest to let the identities be known to the town (in fact it is forbidden). If the detective investigates the Don after night 3 they will be given the identity of the accomplice or the madman (it really does not matter) but will also be unable to reveal the secret. If they do, the madman will be allowed to go on a massive killing spree resulting in the end of the game and a loss for the innocents.

Also wanted to add this. If the accomplice is lynched the game will not be over, instead no more hits. The townies will still have to find the madman who now just needs to survive. (This may change again possibly)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store