Pressurelized Co2 During Day / Airstone at night... Poll

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Running Airstone at night, Co2 During Day

• Total voters

cradlefan

AC Members
Jul 24, 2008
Real Name
Kris
I get my tank tomorrow night and when I set up my tank, I will be running my co2 during the day and turning off at night, no air stone. I will have to see how it goes and find out whether my co2 goes down enough during the night. I am pretty sure if you have a little agitation at the surface, you would be ok.

smokey2957

AC Members
Jul 21, 2009
Burlington, Washington
I am using a green CO2 diffuser that I bought online sometime ago like the ones you you see on Ebay. I have it connected to the outflow tube of my canister and then to the spraybar. The drop checker is by Redsea and I use a 4dkh solution in it. I have a milwaukee dual stage regulator with solenoid and bubble counter like the ones on Amazon.com
I turned off the airstone and my fish seem to be doing ok. I run my Co2 at one bubble per second.

constevens

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Conway
Smokey. Your Miluwakee is a dual stage? It was my understanding that the miluwakees were all single stage?

constevens

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Conway
I'm not trying to dispute you or argue or sound like a know it all. But I think you may want to check again. Miluwakee only makes single stage units with dual gauges. Thus why I asked in my last post. A dual stage regulator is about 8 to 10 inches long measuring from the front of the handle to the rear of the regulator while a single stage is half that easily.

constevens

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Conway
Me bad I guess you are right. I was thinking that because it has two dials that it was a dual stage.
No worries Smokey. Lots of people have that happen. I build units single and dual stage so I've been fortunate enough to see plenty of them.

constevens

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Conway
I'm not a fan of ph controlers myself. A timer for lights and timer for co2 with the best adjustment you can dial in is what i prefer. Ph monitor doesn't control ppm of co2. It watches ph. I don't worry about the ph swing induced by co2. It's not the same as a ph crash or decay.

Guess for me i prefer it constant. BBA can happen when co2 is inconsistent. A ph controler can cause that sometimes.
Just my preference.

Mhplease

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
I'm not a fan of ph controlers myself. A timer for lights and timer for co2 with the best adjustment you can dial in is what i prefer. Ph monitor doesn't control ppm of co2. It watches ph. I don't worry about the ph swing induced by co2. It's not the same as a ph crash or decay.

Guess for me i prefer it constant. BBA can happen when co2 is inconsistent. A ph controler can cause that sometimes.
Just my preference.
How are you checking your c02 ppm? Drop checker or an actual device? I use a drop checker which is about always in the green @ 5bps in my 150 w/ wet dry sump

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store