72g Bowfront Mbuna Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
What up myswtsins no problem, I see all is well with you and your fish cool deal, yeah i have to agree with you what works for one person may not the other, i just took back a pair of punk skunk loaches they were mean..

But cool that all is well with the fish and tanks along with the super spaz that sold you the filter which BTW did those parts do good for you, cool i cant wait for your Rusty's to breed are you going to hook me up still with some fry.. take care
Yeah the moment I turned the light on last night the skunks were chasing and clicking like crazy, very interesting little guys. I think I am gonna go and grab a couple more today to keep aggression within their group.

Parts much appreciated and working well! As far as the rusty's go, breeding might be difficult if they all end up being males! :) Right now they all have beautiful male colors and no mating dances yet but we will see. Of course if get any fry you will taken care of!

Anyways, I think you are going in the right direction and also knowing what to do, myswtsins! Good luck with your new additions.
Thanks efors! I try to do as much research as possible but we all know how they can turn out, that is why I love hearing everyone's opinion here.
looking very nice.
Thanks ChrisK!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Substrates for mbunas: sand, aragonite and crushed coral are the 3 more used.

Jakezori

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Substrates for mbunas: sand, aragonite and crushed coral are the 3 more used.
The only problem is... im really really not a fan of very small substrate. I like larger substrate that a python hose wont pick up. What substrate did he have in his awuarium and is it too light?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Sorry I did not realize this thread got bumped.

Really nice set up and great rock formation.....
Thank you! Unfortunately the rock formation will change soon once I pull it all out to sex them. :headshake2:

The only problem is... im really really not a fan of very small substrate. I like larger substrate that a python hose wont pick up. What substrate did he have in his awuarium and is it too light?
It is Tahitian moon sand. It is very small and very light. Mbunas prefer a small grain substrate. It is a pain to gravel vac it but I just graze the surface with the GV and then stirs it with my hand. Actually I am thinking about adding some MTS snails to help sift the sand.

BTW, I am a girl. :)

Since I am here, here is the only picture I got on my RTBS. It was the second day he was home so his colors are not that nice yet but he has colored up very nicely since then. I can't stand my camera anymore so no pics of the skunk botias yet.

100_1540.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store