Weekend fishing with Lab_Rat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Labby came to visit and we went on a couple fishing outings this past weekend. Saturday morning we took the kayaks out and fished the reef known locally as Mosquito Island. We were after flounder, redfish and speckled trout. The weather and tide were with us. Unfortunately the fish weren't. We caught a few little undersized trout and I hooked a jack crevalle that peeled line off my reel for five minutes before he finally bit through the line. It was a nice trip even though we didn't bring home any fish. The weather was beautiful and Lab_Rat makes a great fishin' partner.

Saturday night we went to a local private lake to do some catfishin'. Our luck was much better. We brought home 10 nice channel cats between 18" and 26". Sunday before she left to go home we had a fried catfish lunch.

Thanks for coming to go fishin' with me Allison. You're welcome any time.

Mark

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Labby is awesome to have around, huh Mark. I remember when she was in Jersey and we went LFS hopping! She wow-ed me with her knowledge of the latin names of fish we saw. She would say oh, there's a habia blah blah blah... and I'm like... ummm.... I thought that was a jewel :) She's amazing!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Agreed... gotta love the girl! Look like it was a good time.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Thanks so much for taking me Mark, I had such a great time! And those catfish are as delicious as they are ugly. Now I can't wait to find good fishing spots up in Mississippi. And all y'all are making me blush...you guys are all awesome to hang with!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I am so jealous that you took her and left me in the car! LOL. Good sized cats Mark! Those are the perfect eating size. I often get them larger than that but turn them back as they don't taste as good. Glad to see you both had fun and success.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
I am so jealous that you took her and left me in the car! LOL. Good sized cats Mark! Those are the perfect eating size. I often get them larger than that but turn them back as they don't taste as good. Glad to see you both had fun and success.
its ok i woudl have left you in the car with the windows rolled up

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Looks like a load of fun! How stable are those little kayaks when you get into a good fish fight?
Actually not bad at all. I've hooked bull reds and big jacks while fishing in it and they may pull it around some but a fish has yet to make it unstable.

Mark

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
its ok i woudl have left you in the car with the windows rolled up
lol

hater

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store