The AC hitchhiker ID thread (now thumbnailed)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tethyis

Oceanid
Dec 5, 2006
Alabama
Any idea what this guy is? He's pulled back up inside a hole smaller than a dime. I'll try to get better pics . But for now:

closer up:

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
just got home form work and i saw this "arm" swinging around under a rock.

wondering what it is its pretty kewl.

he confused me a bit also, the thinner end that swings around is like the head(leads the rest of the body), but the fat end is eating food while the "head" looks for a hole.

it can also stretch pretty well and has spikes all over its body.

IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0475.JPG

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
just got home form work and i saw this "arm" swinging around under a rock.

wondering what it is its pretty kewl.

he confused me a bit also, the thinner end that swings around is like the head(leads the rest of the body), but the fat end is eating food while the "head" looks for a hole.

it can also stretch pretty well and has spikes all over its body.

A bit hard to make out really, a more in focus photo would help. First suggestion would be the arm of a brittle star...only a rough guess though from the pictures...

spyderiz05

Registered Member
Jul 20, 2008
Eastern Shore, MD
What is this????

I have this same hitchhiker that Paku has (post #27 in this thread and his pic posted below). Its spongy and has 'mouths' on either side. I have been killing myself trying to find out what it is. Can anyone help? :uhoh:

Hitchiker that I have.jpg

Last edited:

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Anyone wanna give this one a go??(not the gsp's) It looks like two tentacles that are white with black stripes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store