Conskis 3rd attempt at a Solana Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
alright guys took about 5 hours of work and im pretty exhuasted, not typing anything ill do that tomorrow. thank set up is complete and heres a video and some shots... we changed up the rock a bit (not as much tonga and sadly didnt get to use the awesome piece)

ill fill ya in on more details tomorrow hope ya like the work we did. Its like a clif side rockscape with such a nice top for sps. i have one teak in mind.. the best view is when you enter the room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJPet6P3xo

september 10th 2001 234.jpg september 10th 2001 241.jpg september 10th 2001 235.jpg september 10th 2001 239.jpg september 10th 2001 233.jpg

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Looks good! A little precarious looking, maybe, but I'm sure you've got it stabilized.:thm: It should be great, for growing SPS, and for the fish to swim through. I just bought my first two SPS, ever. An orange plating montipora, and a green birdsnest. I can't wait for them to grow! I love a good build thread! Keep 'em coming.:popcorn::)

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Added the live sand from my friendos tank and a single piece of shrimp i bought from the store. people were so perplexed why i bought some panty hose and a peice of shrimp haha.

All theres left to do is, wait for the cycle to happen now i suppose. guess the only downfall to dry rock is you know youll have to have a cycle!

Looks good! A little precarious looking, maybe, but I'm sure you've got it stabilized.:thm: It should be great, for growing SPS, and for the fish to swim through. I just bought my first two SPS, ever. An orange plating montipora, and a green birdsnest. I can't wait for them to grow! I love a good build thread! Keep 'em coming.:popcorn::)
Those two sps you mentioned are a good start to the sps realm. they are the least likely to give ya much problems, but with all sps you should still be on top of your tank! post some pictures!''

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
As Requested

i just realized there isnt much "middle of tank" rockspace. just a huge upper shelf and a big ol lower sand bed. well see how it all goes i suppose, i still really like the work me and jmski did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHC2mbq414s

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Speaking of slacking jmskiii where's your thread? Show off all our stuff :)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Honestly, I think the rock would look better if you turned it 180 degrees. You have 2 good platforms at the bottom made out of rocks on both corners in the back, I think those would be perfect places for some corals like chalices, but you want them front and center, not in the back... just my opinion. ;) I think it is a cool rock structure, I wouldn't change anything about it, just turn it.

Jmski333

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Real Name
Jordan
Honestly, I think the rock would look better if you turned it 180 degrees. You have 2 good platforms at the bottom made out of rocks on both corners in the back, I think those would be perfect places for some corals like chalices, but you want them front and center, not in the back... just my opinion. ;) I think it is a cool rock structure, I wouldn't change anything about it, just turn it.
i could see maybe rotating the structure clockwise 90 degrees. I'm afraid if you went the full 180 degrees then you would loose the only piece of tonga rock to the back of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store