55 gallon build/journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ill do once a week like 50-75 percent water changes weekly. hmmm i still have more options for angels so i may do a different kind of angelfish even though i like the blues. theyre just a little to expensive.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
so why exactly would a pair of angelfish be a no-no? i know theyre aggressive but dont people keep them in communitys all the time

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i think im gonna order the blue. i think ill keep it in the 10 and then move it into a 20 long when my cutteri can go in their 29, and ill grow him/her up.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Don't get the angelfish. They prefer tall tanks, a 20long WILL NOT be tall enough for them to live comforitably. A 10gal won't be enough to house them for anything longer then a QT period.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Don't get the angelfish. They prefer tall tanks, a 20long WILL NOT be tall enough for them to live comforitably. A 10gal won't be enough to house them for anything longer then a QT period.
Why not put the angel in the 55g after its qt period?
the angel is going in the 55 i just need to grow it to where its bigger than the blood parrot.

My cutteri cichlid babies hatched
ok so i didnt evven know they laid the eggs yet but sure enough when i got home there they were. im gussing i should start feeding the fry now since theyre free swimming?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Oi Veh.... Fish that breed.... I have no idea how to care for them, but congrats. Good luck controlling the population though.... mollies were bad enough for me.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
the angel is going in the 55 i just need to grow it to where its bigger than the blood parrot.

My cutteri cichlid babies hatched
ok so i didnt evven know they laid the eggs yet but sure enough when i got home there they were. im gussing i should start feeding the fry now since theyre free swimming?
first up, put at least 5 cherry barbs in the angel tank while it's growing up. Otherwise the cherry barbs could very well become snacks...
Second, start feeding first bites and baby brine together if you can. Also cover the filter intake and start preparing a grow out tank for them too.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Angels will be way to agressive as a pair with another cichlids. I am confused about some of this but it sounds good

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store