Red plants and LED's?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nathan.G

AC Members
sony tank is looking awesome!

In the midst of changing light i am also changing from a liquid fert sold @ LFS, to a dry from GLA, i am trying to go E.I. And i picked up 2 std's from an anubis i bought @ same LFS, i was in a rush and i have never had an issue before with any plants so i figure id skip the bleach bath and i caught pest snail and some type of thread algae. i think its spirogyra, long green threads that wrap around plants. before i noticed half of my HC was infested! so i butchered it way back. and did a black out for four days, no luck. So now i had to pull out as many of my cherries i could find and have been using algeafix. seems to slow the growth but not knocking it out. Did the third dose on sunday doing another tomorrow. Starting to get burned out, i have had so many issues plants,lights fish, shrimp, snails, all dying for no reason and i can't kill the snails i don't want and now this thread algae

sonychemp

AC Members
Aug 1, 2014
Hi

I made some changes and re-arrangement with the Plants I have. My Plants are growing with LED.I am very happy with the LED. I have cut down the Timing to 6 & 4.

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

Nathan.G

AC Members
I got 2 of the ecoxotic e-90's and have been super happy. took a little to get used to the light change but all plants have responded quite well, i kill off all that tread algae, have the shrimp back in. the orange setting looks real close to the geiussmann aqua flora and midday combo and the ramp timer runs like it should. i have the light down to 90% and still need to go lower
When i find some free time i will take a few pics and post
sony how many hrs a day are u running ur light

sonychemp

AC Members
Aug 1, 2014
I got 2 of the ecoxotic e-90's and have been super happy. took a little to get used to the light change but all plants have responded quite well, i kill off all that tread algae, have the shrimp back in. the orange setting looks real close to the geiussmann aqua flora and midday combo and the ramp timer runs like it should. i have the light down to 90% and still need to go lower
When i find some free time i will take a few pics and post
sony how many hrs a day are u running ur light
One - 6Hrs
2nd - 4hrs

kennethvargas

AC Members
Oct 15, 2014
Hello men, nice tank, how many Lumen/Litter do you have there, whats the quantity of light you have?, I have about 6 tanks now, I only use LED lamps DIY, I love it, low power consumption, Bright and long life, no cons until now, no problem at all with the red plants, if you have enough nutrients (Ca and Fe), Co2, a good light and if you dose, well, your plants will be ok! I use RGB LED, red, and sometimes blue, to cover all the spectrum, as you know this RGB looks white but the plants take advantage of this, you should also know that white light has all the colors of the rainbow on it, please see this fixture below, I have 12x3W 6500k on each side and 10x3w RBG in the center (34 LEDs total, about 6800lm/L, 90lm/l). this is an actual project, I ha va no more pictures :-(

see this picture, can you say if this is green, blue? maybe a little red? its RGB
20141017_164944.jpg

20141017_164958.jpg

20141017_165009.jpg

Regards!

20141017_164944.jpg 20141017_164958.jpg 20141017_165009.jpg

Nathan.G

AC Members
Gotta say I'm still a little embarrassed of how my tank looks right now, i hacked away most of my HC on the left side of the stream bed to get rid of the Thread algae and i don't know what exactly went wrong after the algae treatment but for a year my ph controller worked flawless and after the treatment something has been affecting the ph other than c02, i got a nasty BBA bloom over everything. Took me several weeks to figure out i had low C02. have it corrected and have been weeding out the BBA out of the HC buts seems to be and endless task even with the help of Excel. . i had a rough road to hoe when i changed chems and lights at the same time. in retro i should have just bought another round of the liquid before changing to dry EI dosing. Not bagging on the dosing just my decision to do it in less than a week of switching out my style of lights Lesson Learned!

I must say sony that tank looks awesome not a hint of algae, u got me jellious

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store