Prickly Sculpin Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
What a beautiful tank and interesting fish. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
Wow! Thats really cool. Interesting looking fish.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
For some reason, your describing them as soft and squishy makes them seem so appealing to me. Off to google, lol. Great setup!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
What a beautiful tank and interesting fish. Thanks for sharing!!!!
thank you and your welcome ^_^

Wow! Thats really cool. Interesting looking fish.
i think so to ^_^

For some reason, your describing them as soft and squishy makes them seem so appealing to me. Off to google, lol. Great setup!
lol! thank you

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
RiVerfishgirl !!

you might like these neat shots i got ..and never posted ^_^
tummy shot and chin pours

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
feeding update..was giving my guppies blanched peas and dropped some in the sculpin tank for the snails..the baby sculpin devoured it!....than the big girl came out and ate about 4..o_O..yum lol so new food to the list, and im trying silver sides tomorrow.

any one got any suggestions on other types of food?
here is what i feed so far:
frozen blood worms, krill, night crawlers, prawn, different types of fish fillet.(talapia salmon, what ever is on sell ) guppies ( i grow my own) scuds, glass shrimp, peas...anything else..more stuff i can buy from the market?..
i feed this tank every 1-2 days depending on what i fed and how much she begs.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Why are Prickly sculpin called prickly?!...well let me show you..^_^
now that she is older you can see that her skin is acutely ....ever so slightly prickly looking...yup there it is..lol and a few update shots...shes such a pig..and getting FAT!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
.shes turning in to a fatty ^_^ and the tank is filling in nicely

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Ah! I got you! I did not think anyone kept these fish or even avail in the hobby. thus the question on your other thread.

I have kept few different species of locally caught s/w Sculpins myself back in the days but never specific kept in f/w ones.

I think they are very unsual and cute and must say from looking a the pics, it has its own personality/characteristics.

I saw nice s/w stonefish at lfs recently. It looked just like a stone/rock covered with purple/pink coralline algae. In fact, most shoppers did not even notice the stonefish until pointed out.

Have fun!!!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store